Potentially the longest thread in history...

The Trans Am is made by Pontiac. Not Chevy. That is the Camaro. :p

I have been in a Vette. I have been in a 2002 Trans Am with Ram Air. The Trans Am was much better. Better on gas, better handling, better feel to the car overall.

I know "if you can afford a Vette you can afford the gas"

Still doesnt make up for the rest. The Vette is a show car. It is used for casual drives, shows and that is about it. Cant take more than 1 other person with you anywhere. Forget it if you have to get anything cause you have not trunk or storage space.

Not the same with the TA. My buddy bought one back in 02 with manual Tranny. I was able to take Mustangs, Camaro's and even a Vette off the line. The only car that ever beat me off the line was a Viper. Not the same as now cause the cars have more power. But in 02 you couldnt really beat that car. Espically if you know how to drive it.

But the trans am and the camaro are the same car mak...theyre all gm.

Except the trans am has more muscle and a more aggressive styling to it...its not called a "poor mans vette" for no reason :).

But yeah..now the regular ol firebird...get that hunk of junk away from me.

Trans Am Formula FTW

what? a vette handles way better than a ta. one of the main reasons is because of the vettes have an ris as opposed to a solid axel of a TA. the vettes in 02 were lighter 3200 compared to like 3450 or something close to that.

The LS1 Firebirds, despite their poor sales, were among the fastest ever produced. Outfitted with the all-aluminum 5.7L V8 from the Corvette C5, and producing 300 hp at 5,200 rpm; 335 ft·lbf (454 N·m) , 454 Nm @ 4,000 rpm (310 after 2000) or 320 hp (325 after 2000) in the WS-6 "Ram Air" version, these Fourth Generation Firebirds could out-perform just about any of their predecessors (including the original "muscle car" Firebirds). In 2001 and 2002, models equipped with a V8 received the higher-flow LS6 intake manifold and a higher-performance clutch.

can it outperform a vette???...heck yeah just strip it out to make it lighter and give it to the right driver.

Boo forget American muscle cars. I like Lancer Evos. Sports sedan. Fast and can still take my homies places and has room in the back for some groceries.

Muscle cars are for old guys :p All the cool kids drive imported sports cars.

i'm talking stock. a vette is wider, lower, lighter and has more horses. 350 vs 320. that's just a base model not a Z06 that has 405hp. in 02 of course. and the really cool kids drive trans am's that can eat a import alive.

They may all be GM but they are not all produced the same. ;) I know several people that work at GM Plants. In truth the Camaro was supposed to be the TA and the TA was supposed to be the Camaro. They messed up the name plates when they were first released. :p

The TA given the right driver can be a great car. But the same can be said of any car out there. I have used my Civic with manual tranny to beat Mustangs off the line. The people dont know how to drive the car with that much power. They think that spinning the tires produces more speed or whatever. Then they realize that i am 4 car lengths ahead of them.

Any car with a good driver is better than a more powerful car with a bad driver. I have shown this time and time again around here. Sorry but these kids with these cars dont understand that power isnt everything. Some skill is involved.

i'm talking stock. a vette is wider, lower, lighter and has more horses. 350 vs 320. that's just a base model not a Z06 that has 405hp. in 02 of course. and the really cool kids drive trans am's that can eat a import alive.

It was a stock TA. It wasnt the Formula or the Black Bird. It was just a TA. I beat the Vette off the line and almost took it thru the 1/4 mile as well. As i said above. More power and lighter isnt everything if you dont know how to drive. I was able to use the weight and all that to my advantage. I dont spin my wheels at all off the line and i double clutch and all that stuff. I also shift at the best point in RPM. Things like that are hard to beat.

The other driver just slammed on teh gas thinking that cause he had more power that he could beat me. Not always true mate.

Back
Top Bottom