Potentially the longest thread in history...

^^not for long^^

the executives are incompetent, and greedy. a deadly combination, as we are now witnessing.
the bailout didnt pass the house. which, IMO, is a good thing. i wonder what they are going to do next?

the executives are incompetent, and greedy. a deadly combination, as we are now witnessing.
the bailout didn't pass the house. which, IMO, is a good thing. i wonder what they are going to do next?
I for one am glad that it didn't pass. Maybe Congress does have a backbone. We are a capitalist society. That means if you screw up your business then you and your investors take the heat. Not tax payers. The bailouts (which are illegal) have already put us and our kids in years of debt. The bill if it had passed would have certainly doomed the dollar.

If any of you have any investments left in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs, anything you should take it out and invest in gold, silver or platinum. And don't invest inside the US. The government charges capital gains taxes on it. I have a fair bit of silver myself and it is doing pretty good considering what is going on. why? Because precious metals aren't subject to the whims of an inflationary government. You can't just make more gold like you can dollars. So the price of gold is relatively stable. it will always have worth because it is always scarce. Don't believe me?

Since 1913 the dollar has lost 95% of its value. It didn't do that in the previous hundred years. The reason is the federal reserve. Congress illegally delegated their constitutional powers to a group of non elected bankers to essentially run the money of the United States. They gave the Banks a monopoly on the money business. That's like letting Intel make all laws regarding semiconductors.

I really don't like H&Ks offerings. Something that Puddle and I have a disagreement over. If you have ever owned one as a civilian then you know that their customer support is terrible. its as if they are offended that a civilian is touching their guns. They are over priced. Have questionable ergonomics and really don't do the job any better than anyone else's guns. Most of their success is due to hype and urban legend.

At least FN and SIG (the other two big European gun companies) treat their employees right.

I would take a P90 over an MP5 any day and a p226 over a USP just as well.

i love my USP compact .40
its accurate as ****, and actually has some weight to it (unlike a glock pop-gun). and the weight is good weight, it is a VERY well balanced pistol.

I have to disagree I used to dream about owning a USP 40cal until I felt/shot one. I would honestly take a Glock 23 over it any day.

I also hate AR-15s because I had one and if i didn't clean it every 20 or so rounds it would jam, sometimes it would jam right after being cleaned.

That's like letting Intel make all laws regarding semiconductors.

LOL nice analogy. I too am curious at what the US will do now. Im thinking about scraping old cars and getting the platinum out of the Catalytic converters (concidering that the car still has it and was made in the proper years for it) Copper is a good metal too but i dont think that its quite as stable as gold per say. BUT if you guys got a bunch of old fans that are "broken" or you can find some wiht the motor still. bash it and take the motor and unscrew the back plate and go to town on the copper coils in em. OH and if your greedy take the plugs too and strip em. I find them easy to do with just a regular smooth blade pocket knife. No serrations on the blade they love to shred the copper fibers and make a bad mess of precious copper. I made 20 bucks off a few junked fans.

In my eyes.. tats worth the work to get em open and spend the time ripping it out.

Don't forget brass. It is going for a pretty penny as well. I scrapped several hundred pounds of it today at work. Too bad none of it came home with me... :(

There is this dude in the UK not far from me in a little place called runcorn who was the UK's if not the worlds first scrap metal millionair, all he did was buy some land an say to people hey i will take your old cars an anything else metal for a few quid.

When a car comes in from a crash he siphons off the fule into drums, takes any salvageable components out, cubes the rest an then sells it to foundries in the local area. Firdges, cars, air craft, boats everything ends un in the one yard and he has been doing it since the late 70's last i heard he was woth over 10 million. worth it huu?

Back
Top Bottom