Potentially the longest thread in history...

I want a 2nd M2 SSD but it drops my PCI-E down to x8 :( :( :( :( ****ing gay.

Sorry to hear all that crap you have endured man. Hopefully it is onwards and upwards from here on out for you.
Nothing I can do really, something will either break or I will :lol: I'm in a really ****ed position really, because I can't like go to Best Buy and get a crap job just to cover core bills either. They won't hire me. So I'm in this weird career limbo.

Some titles it seemed to drop it down almost as low as the non Ti 2080 :\

I think i'll just wait a while and swap the 512GB to a 1TB.
Maybe I'm blind but a quick scan of all 4k results and I didn't see a single 8x bar matching or coming close to the 2080. Another thing to consider is I saw some with the 1080ti actually higher than the 2080ti.
In all reality 8x is negligible difference if any at all. You could also just get a SATA M.2 like I did, not like NVMe will actually help game loading.

Nothing I can do really, something will either break or I will :lol: I'm in a really ****ed position really, because I can't like go to Best Buy and get a crap job just to cover core bills either. They won't hire me. So I'm in this weird career limbo.

Maybe I'm blind but a quick scan of all 4k results and I didn't see a single 8x bar matching or coming close to the 2080. Another thing to consider is I saw some with the 1080ti actually higher than the 2080ti.
In all reality 8x is negligible difference if any at all. You could also just get a SATA M.2 like I did, not like NVMe will actually help game loading.

4K not so much, but I do some 1080P gaming as my Sony TV/Monitor will hit 120Hz @ 1080p so better for twitch aim FPS's. But I guess there still isn't a lot in it, and everything is still 120+ FPS so it doesn't really matter.

4K not so much, but I do some 1080P gaming as my Sony TV/Monitor will hit 120Hz @ 1080p so better for twitch aim FPS's. But I guess there still isn't a lot in it, and everything is still 120+ FPS so it doesn't really matter.
And you'll suffer CPU bottleneck before slot bandwidth even matters anyways at that resolution.

And you'll suffer CPU bottleneck before slot bandwidth even matters anyways at that resolution.

True.. which is why I am eyeing up Ryzen 3000 series upgrade :lol: Apparently 12% better perf ? should alleviate the CPU bottleneck a bit better. Probably still not as good as an i9 Intel, but i'm not switching back to Intel anytime soon.

True.. which is why I am eyeing up Ryzen 3000 series upgrade :lol: Apparently 12% better perf ? should alleviate the CPU bottleneck a bit better. Probably still not as good as an i9 Intel, but i'm not switching back to Intel anytime soon.
I think clock to clock we will see that kind of improvement if not more then add on the much needed increased clock speed, CCX design reducing bottleneck from RAM speed, etc. Ryzen 3000 will actually be my upgrade as well. Don't feel bad, my 5Ghz 7800x with mesh at 3400 actually bottlenecks my cards at 1440p. Worst part is, it runs circles around my best friend's 8700k and he bottlenecks his 2080ti at 1080p as well.

I think clock to clock we will see that kind of improvement if not more then add on the much needed increased clock speed, CCX design reducing bottleneck from RAM speed, etc. Ryzen 3000 will actually be my upgrade as well. Don't feel bad, my 5Ghz 7800x with mesh at 3400 actually bottlenecks my cards at 1440p. Worst part is, it runs circles around my best friend's 8700k and he bottlenecks his 2080ti at 1080p as well.

I saw some leaked list of the 3000 series SKU's and it made no sense. It showed the rumored Ryzen 3950X 16 core at a higher base and turbo clock than a 3700x 8 core. Makes no sense to me, so assumed it was fake.

I saw some leaked list of the 3000 series SKU's and it made no sense. It showed the rumored Ryzen 3950X 16 core at a higher base and turbo clock than a 3700x 8 core. Makes no sense to me, so assumed it was fake.
I've seen that list too, but I believe it was labeled as a Black Edition.

My chassis fans are misbehaving and it's annoying. I have ran the profiler in both the BIOS and Asus Ai Suite, which works. I set them to silent, and it works... but then I come back to my PC 3 hours later and they are running at 50% speed again and won't respond to any changes. Reboot doesn't fix it either. I have to do the whole fan tuning/profiler thing again. No idea wtf is going on, but they are only 3 pin DC controllable fans. I think I have some Corsair maglev PWM fans lieing around, so might give them a whirl.

In other news I went to see Alita at a flashy cinema with dolby atmos and laser projection system. Was fantastic quality AV setup. The film was great too. I had a bit of a crush on Alita which is super nerdy considering she is a cyborg.

I always imagined what my dream nerdy girl would be too! LOL
Alita-Battle-Angel-throwing-a-punch.jpg

OH YEY, PC GREMLINS!

Nothing like diagnosing strange PC behaviour. In the past 48 hours my PC has randomly turned off 3 times. Once while I was on it, and it happened the instant I selected "silent mode" on my chassis fans in Fan Expert 4.

The other two times it happened when I had left my PC for 15 or 20 minutes. Just came back and it was off.

Every time, I have to power cycle the PSU to get the PC to turn on again, which leads me to believe either my PSU is faulty or there is a short circuit or faulty component (fan?) in my PC somewhere causing it to trip. Right now I am thinking something to do with my fans, as a) the only time it happened when I was at my PC was when I changed the fan setting to silent and b) The fans would slow down naturally if I left my PC idle for 15 minutes anyway into 'silent mode', which seems to be what caused it when I activated silent mode manually.

It could be the PSU but I would be surprised. How often to high end premium PSU's fail ? This Seasonic 860w PSU was one of the best quality PSU's you could buy back in the day, and it's probably only had 2 or 3 years of fairly light usage as it sat around unused for a year or so. It also has never turned off when i'm gaming or anything, which you would think would be the most likely thing to trip a failing PSU.

I also bought some cheap Chinese RGB lighting the other day, so I will try unplug them for a few days. They seemed well made though...

The only other thing I can think is I only have the 8pin CPU power plugged in, but there is also an extra 4pin power connector to plug in on this mobo, but the manual said it was optional. But maybe all the fans and RGB lighting and the jazz plugged in means I really do need it ? hmm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom