Potentially the longest thread in history...

Fair enough.

Putlocker is a ****ing legendary download host. I seriously don't get why anyone would pay for premium. There seems to be no download speed limit. Download manager enabled. No 30 second wait. Can have multiple simultaneous downloads. Pause and resume..etc.

Re: Today I have...

Lol. Maybe they really are ill ? I can't think of any reason to pretend to be sick other than to get out of doing something. It's not particularly enjoyable.

I got my car back today. I'm going to crash my car more often. They did an absolutely perfect job fitting the new bumper, it's a perfect join and perfect paint match. That, and they did a stunning job cleaning the car inside and out. Not a single bug splat stain left (the kind which are seemingly impossible to clean), not a speck of brake dust on my alloys, zero water marks, absolutely immaculately clean interior, I couldn't even find a single grain of dirt or general crap anywhere, even in the stubborn places like between the stitching on the seats. I seriously think they spent more time cleaning than they did on the bumper. Heck, I swear it's a new car...

Lol. Maybe they really are ill ? I can't think of any reason to pretend to be sick other than to get out of doing something. It's not particularly enjoyable.

I got my car back today. I'm going to crash my car more often. They did an absolutely perfect job fitting the new bumper, it's a perfect join and perfect paint match. That, and they did a stunning job cleaning the car inside and out. Not a single bug splat stain left (the kind which are seemingly impossible to clean), not a speck of brake dust on my alloys, zero water marks, absolutely immaculately clean interior, I couldn't even find a single grain of dirt or general crap anywhere, even in the stubborn places like between the stitching on the seats. I seriously think they spent more time cleaning than they did on the bumper. Heck, I swear it's a new car...
No, they aren't.

Mariah and I consider my sister to have a Factitious Disorder, or something along those lines as she's always pretending to have something wrong with her for whatever reason. Typically, it's to get attention back on herself when somebody else is sick, but we've seen worse.
In this case, it's to put things off like, actually taking care of her child. My sister and her husband go back and forth constantly trying to pawn their daughter off on each other. Nobody wants to take care of her, and it's ****ing sad. When I got sick at first I was at Quakecon. When I came home they thought I was fine until they saw me constantly coughing, red eyes, and spitting phlegm in the sinks all the time (which is still happening). Next thing I know, my sister is coughing. Now, everybody knows a fake cough when you hear it. Nobody was buying it. She then gets a letter in the mail from her work because she's been playing hookie. They want a note from the doctor. Next thing we know, she suddenly has food poisoning. She NEVER left the couch. Idk about everybody else, but when I had food poisoning a few months ago I had nasty **** spewing from both ends, constantly. She didn't take anything. She leaves at like 10pm the other night saying she's going to the doctor. When she got back at 1am she was miraculously fine. Gee, go figure. Then her husband found his balls and was saying that it shouldn't be up to him to constantly watch their daughter since she doesn't go to work and doesn't plan on going back to work. Few hours later they are leaving and we overhear him saying "I'm sorry you're feeling bad sweetie, if there's anything I can do let me know". Seriously? ugh

On to my mom, she is acting sick because she doesn't want to get the kid tossed on her. Funny thing, all of this isn't the start of the ****ed up **** going on around here. We are just trying to ignore it but I have a feeling things will start getting real rough soon.

Edit: Oh yea, a little backstory. My dad had a hunch about her "illnesses" even before we moved out here to the sticks 14 years ago. I overheard my dad and mom talking about how she would fake being sick after getting in trouble . Back then I didn't understand, but as I got older I did and saw it all the time. He didn't buy the crap, but her husband does and my mom has been lately. So it's not something we automatically assumed, it's just from information and watching over the past 10 or so years. She does worse things too like, when we announced Mariah was pregnant two days later they announced they were getting married. We had our wedding planned for a while to be in May this year. They saw constant attention on us because of Ezio, then next thing we know they are announcing they are pregnant, and the due date happened to be 2 days prior to our set wedding date, which we decided to postpone for another year. Sure, that one sounds like a coincidence, but my sister was like me. NEVER wanted to have kids. Then they are talking about trying to get pregnant. Seriously? Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Few hours early, but the results of my little experiment are, it worked perfectly fine. With 1 core and HT I was able to smoothly browse the internet, "stream" Youtube (internet aside), play some Flash games, listen to music, chat, dick around on Steam/Origin, watch true 1080p content off my HDD, and even managed to fill 8GB of RAM up to 5.2GB of just random stuff going on. (Mainly, running everything at the same time). I also could game easily on lower end things, and I only started having issues once I hit Crysis 2 and other higher end games. I wasn't really lagging, but it was much slower due to not having 99% GPU usage. Enabling the second core fixed that though.

Nothing really interesting to any of you folk, but I was just curious.

And that is why I havn't upgraded my CPU or overclocked it. Nor do I intend too until I start seeing really good performance increases that are necessary.

Windows does not need a fast CPU to feel fluid at all. Neither does the internet. Like you found out, streaming requires hardly anything either (as can be deciphered by the fact our phones do it just fine these days). So then you think, games need it! but then they really don't, at least not to the extent of a good gpu. I got my CPU within the first week of release, which according to Wiki was Jan 2011. Thats significantly over 2 years i've had the same CPU and i've still yet to find a single game that I havn't been able to max due to my CPU. It's never even close to it being CPU.

If it wern't for the new consoles coming out with there 8 core CPUs, I think I would continue to have been fine for another 2 years. But realistically I can see games being made with a load of more CPU intensive features now devs have that 8 core CPU to program for. So I might finally be requireing a new CPU at some point late next year... maybe.

You sound like you dislike your sister about as much as I dislike mine. :p
Nah don't get that impression, I still love my sister (in a non-incest way). I just hate some of the things she does. This crap she pulls is really annoying, and is kind of an insult to people like me.

Nah, and as I've proved several times even the first gen Core i series is perfectly fine for gaming. The new consoles will be doing more GPGPU while the extra cores will be tasked with all the ridiculous background nonsense. They are taking after RAGE in that sense.

My experiment mainly focused on things outside of gaming, or regular day to day tasks. Browsing, Flash gaming, movie streaming and watching, ect. Things a non powerhouse PC would do. Just really kinda tired of people thinking they need 300 dollar processors to do the most basic things. Just to be clear, I don't really specifically consider a single core with HT a dual core. Just mimicking less powerful duals I suppose. Yami wants me to do one core with no HT so I guess I'll be doing that Friday.

Back
Top Bottom