Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Like I said, usually a kernel issue (sometimes a ROM issue, but should be fine with CM9 - they usually have a good amount of the bugs worked out).

The GPS works, it just takes forever for it to lock. I guess maybe later I'll try CM9.

I'm not sure about the gps as I don't use it often but if I can remember I'll give it a try on the way home.

Just a heads up the stock CM9 kernel for the i777 isn't very well liked although I never had any isses with it other than GTA3 refusing to run (by default AOKP uses that kernel as well). I'm using the Neak kernel now which has been pretty good and seems to deliver better battery life. If you do use Neak be sure to get the right version, there is one for Samsung based rams and another for AOKP/CM. I've found Mobile Odin to be the best way for swapping kernels since you can do it directly from the app with no need for a pc. it's a paid app on the market but the dev provides a limited free version for download at XDA.

Personally I like AOKP a lot more than CM, it offers more customization and seems to cater more towards Samsung devices.

I'm not sure about the gps as I don't use it often but if I can remember I'll give it a try on the way home.

Just a heads up the stock CM9 kernel for the i777 isn't very well liked although I never had any isses with it other than GTA3 refusing to run (by default AOKP uses that kernel as well). I'm using the Neak kernel now which has been pretty good and seems to deliver better battery life. If you do use Neak be sure to get the right version, there is one for Samsung based rams and another for AOKP/CM. I've found Mobile Odin to be the best way for swapping kernels since you can do it directly from the app with no need for a pc. it's a paid app on the market but the dev provides a limited free version for download at XDA.

Personally I like AOKP a lot more than CM, it offers more customization and seems to cater more towards Samsung devices.
I will try whatever retains the speed of this ROM but retains faster GPS lock speeds. I'm not big on flashing my phone now but I'm more comfortable doing it since I spend hours learning and reading.
I also have a hard time navigating and understanding a lot of stuff at XDA so it makes it harder. They don't really have a stick that is "Best ROMs in here" "Best kernel in here". Kinda all over the place.

Today I...

Woke up, ate a little bit of some nasty left overs and threw them away
Drove to work and saw a rainbow!! first time it's rained here in months :tongue:

Now I'm sitting here at work. My last two days of work this summer, until school begins again ;)

I will try whatever retains the speed of this ROM but retains faster GPS lock speeds. I'm not big on flashing my phone now but I'm more comfortable doing it since I spend hours learning and reading.
I also have a hard time navigating and understanding a lot of stuff at XDA so it makes it harder. They don't really have a stick that is "Best ROMs in here" "Best kernel in here". Kinda all over the place.

Yeah, so much of the info at xda is scattered between multiple threads it can be a real pain to figure out exactly what you need.

fmaEB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom