Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

The job area around here is so bad, because most the plants here produce parts for the automotive industry... That GM Leaf or w/e it was actually resulted in several factories shutting down because GM pulled the contracts... My town was mostly manufacturing, for automotive, several factories moved off to mexico, or they hire via temp services only, and after finding out what I have, I honestly wish that temp services would be outlawed here. I figured they took 20 or 30 percent of a check, not well over 50 percent, then they have the nerve to charge you for your uniforms at ridiculous rates, a weeks pay for a uniform that you must buy via them.

I don't often build a new rig but when I do......

20120713190431.jpg

By mikee286 at 2012-07-13

20120713175800.jpg

By mikee286 at 2012-07-13

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was thinking of buying a Retina Macbook Pro, what do y'all think ?

Aren't you working in a Microsoft environment? I wouldn't be the guy who insists on having a Mac even though it makes no sense for the work that they are doing. If you want a good business laptop get a ThinkPad x1 Carbon. You get a lower price, better build quality, and it's the right tool for the job.

If you insist on getting a Mac I would go for the Air 13 as it's the only one that is actually a decent value.

you cna still run windows on those with boot camp or vmware fusion! I can even get yah a discount!

Aren't you working in a Microsoft environment? I wouldn't be the guy who insists on having a Mac even though it makes no sense for the work that they are doing. If you want a good business laptop get a ThinkPad x1 Carbon. You get a lower price, better build quality, and it's the right tool for the job.

If you insist on getting a Mac I would go for the Air 13 as it's the only one that is actually a decent value.

The theory work does not need a windows environment, it's purely listening to a lecture and taking notes, at the end of the day you are gave a written assignment to complete which you have to type up in Word, or I guess Pages on a mac.

But if I really do need windows I will probably run one in VMWare like remixed suggested.

It's not set in stone yet for sure, £1799 is biblical. Okay so Quad i7, 256gb SSD, 8GB DDR3 alone would be expensive and i'm sure that screen costs probably $300 even to Apple.. but still, it's nearly £2000 holy crap. I would just get a normal MBP but i'd have inferiority complex, not to mention people moan about the weight and fan noise + heat.

In my opinion it's far to pricey for what you get but a 2880x1800 screen would be amazing.

My thoughts exactly but I guess when you are the only competitor in the field with a 2800x1800 screen you can kind of charge what you want. I don't doubt Apple are making a nice profit out of this, but neither do I doubt this screen would be seriously expensive for them.

no thats my old rig. I don't like fancy cases and i was on a tight budget of 500$ and the whole build parts shipped came to 497$

This is a phenom II x6 1045T 2.7Ghz 8Gb ram 500GB HDD 1.5GB HDD from old computer xfx radeon 6670 from old rig

Back
Top Bottom