Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

But...but...you could of got a retina MBP and put Win7 on it. They're only like $3000! :) Okay so they are super expensive, it was a joke. Kind of.

Anyway today I am restarting my diet. Last time I dieted I was 228Lbs IIRC, got down to about 205Lbs I think, which I was fairly happy about, I didn't want to be thin. That lasted all of about 4 months after the diet ended before I was the same weight again. And now I am even heavier at 239Lbs :( Oops. That gives me a BMI of nearly 31.. just into the obese range. I've been like this for 6 to 12 months now, I really can't remember too well, but definitely put weight on these last 6 months. But I just watched a depressing program about how basicly the US and UK are superfat and i'm going to die before my parents, so i thought **** this ****, le diet is starting again!

Being a geek I bought a weightloss app. It seems really good, has 450,000 food barcodes in its database so I can just scan whatever the heck i'm eating in and it tells me how many calories it is etc. It records weightloss, exercise, gives you a reccomended intake etc. It's called MyNetDiary if anyone is interested. Best thing about the app is its very blunt, which makes me laugh a little. E.g. "Your BMI is 30.6, so you are obese" thanks for reinforcing the fact as if I didn't already know :p and a personal favorite is when you select your type of lifestyle, I chose "Sedentry Lifestyle" which it described as "Sitting around most of the day, potentially walking to your car, doing food shopping, and occassional small chores. A typical job which would provide this lifestyle is a computer programmer" Ha!, talk about choose the stereotype.

108Kg current weight.. target weight is 90kg.. the soonest it would let me choose is November 1st, which is a little slow for my likening. It recommends 2200 calories a day, but I will impose a soft limit of 1800 on myself.

And now the hardest part of dieting, sleeping on an empty stomach craving food.

You can eat before you sleep, at least I do. I don't mean right before you're about to get under the covers, I mean like an hour before or so. I don't usually have breakfast, just a light lunch at 11-12ish, pretty full on dinner at 5-6:30ish, then a light top-off later in the evening, usually around 9 or 9:30. Bed at 10 or 11 (if I have work the next day), rinse/repeat/etc.
That plus a 2 min workout in the morning before my shower and a ~4-5 min workout at some time during the evening, and I literally can't gain any god damn weight XD Picking up a bit more muscle, still look like a fairly geeky kid though lol

You could put on weight, you just dont eat enough.

Like today I went to Tesco for Pizza because I had no money for Dominos pizza. Tesco were doing two goodfellas meat feasts 10" pizzas for £2. Two for £2!.. so I bought two and ate 2. Read le label, 1200calories per pizza.

So there is an entire daily allowance gone in one of my meals, and I wasn't even full. I can't remember but I can near enough guarantee I would of ate some sort of unhealthy snack, pint of pepsi atleast within an hour of finishing that meal. 3 or 4 hours after that I was hungry again so ate a garlic bread baguette thingy, thats 500 calories. Then I went to my room, was thirsty, so another pint of pepsi. Pepsi is 100cal/100ml. Theres roughly 400ml in a pint. So in pepsi alone today i'm probably well over 1000 calories.

So when you eat like that day in, day out, whilst being unemployed doing sweet **** all, it's pretty easy to get clinically obese :p

I have no problem admitting I eat way too much, the only thing that annoys me is when people say I eat because I am bored.. arghhhhhhh! no! I only ever eat when i'm hungry, it just so happens that I get hungry quickly. And not eating when your really hungry is very ****ing hard. Hence why it takes me months to get the determination to diet...

But...but...you could of got a retina MBP and put Win7 on it. They're only like $3000! :) Okay so they are super expensive, it was a joke. Kind of.

Anyway today I am restarting my diet. Last time I dieted I was 228Lbs IIRC, got down to about 205Lbs I think, which I was fairly happy about, I didn't want to be thin. That lasted all of about 4 months after the diet ended before I was the same weight again. And now I am even heavier at 239Lbs :( Oops. That gives me a BMI of nearly 31.. just into the obese range. I've been like this for 6 to 12 months now, I really can't remember too well, but definitely put weight on these last 6 months. But I just watched a depressing program about how basicly the US and UK are superfat and i'm going to die before my parents, so i thought **** this ****, le diet is starting again!

Being a geek I bought a weightloss app. It seems really good, has 450,000 food barcodes in its database so I can just scan whatever the heck i'm eating in and it tells me how many calories it is etc. It records weightloss, exercise, gives you a reccomended intake etc. It's called MyNetDiary if anyone is interested. Best thing about the app is its very blunt, which makes me laugh a little. E.g. "Your BMI is 30.6, so you are obese" thanks for reinforcing the fact as if I didn't already know :p and a personal favorite is when you select your type of lifestyle, I chose "Sedentry Lifestyle" which it described as "Sitting around most of the day, potentially walking to your car, doing food shopping, and occassional small chores. A typical job which would provide this lifestyle is a computer programmer" Ha!, talk about choose the stereotype.

108Kg current weight.. target weight is 90kg.. the soonest it would let me choose is November 1st, which is a little slow for my likening. It recommends 2200 calories a day, but I will impose a soft limit of 1800 on myself.

And now the hardest part of dieting, sleeping on an empty stomach craving food.

Not a chance... I love this thing like it's my child.. :devil:

And good luck on your diet; if you need any fitness advice I'm happy to help :thumbsup:

Considering every review I have seen of the new Macbook with that stupid screen is stating it is a throw-away if it ever has issues.... I feel sorry for Apple consumers.

I don't mind what anyone decides to purchase, it just really irks me when I ask them "Have you even looked at or considered anything else?" and they just stare at me. It's clear the idea hasn't even crossed their minds. THAT. ****es me off.

I just now FINALLY got an Email from Seagate saying that they will accept my drive, attempt repair, and if needed discounted recovery because of them screwing up so much at the freaking support/warranty level. Spent 4 freaking hours on the phone trying to get them to at least look at the support boards about the 7200.11, and to actually use the website side to look my drive up under affected lists. My drive is an OEM from the egg, but, according to Seagate website, my serial isn't OEM, but a retail drive. This is why Seagate kept screwing up I guess. Another thing was the part number, mine doesn't exist... Except, it does... Apparently Seagate has a few issues with communicating things.

Website accepted my serial and part number and returned retail status and 1 more year of warranty. Except, the website was changing my part number to a different part number, but kept everything else the same.
Seagate support accepted my serial and part number, but returned an OEM status and NO warranty. Apparently the system at seagate support didn't change the part number.

Really makes me wonder what's going on with seagate. Either way, I am glad they are finally at least agreeing to look at the drive, flash it to the newest firmware, and if needed attempt data recovery at a discount. Most people I saw posting was being told $300 for recovery if successful. So hopefully I might get lucky and not need recovery, either way, I am finally pleased. But no reason I should have sat on the phone for so long, and dealt with so many freaking emails, and so much b/s. While one bad product really upset me, the warranty and technical support there has made me thank god for never having an actual need to RMA anything under warranty.

Most states have a law where an land lord can't start eviction till one month after a payment of any kind is over-due, this includes if utilities are counted into rent. That means usually you have about 60 days to get fully caught up on bills, otherwise he can start the eviction with a court order which usually takes yet another 30 days. But by the time that starts it's too late to catch up, it's basically a final notice at that point.

Back
Top Bottom