Potentially the longest thread in history...

As much as I like Stallman I must say that is one of his better pictures, his recent one's look like they should be on a Wanted poster with the crimes listed as follows.

* Unusual act's of a sexual nature with a sheep.
* Stalking effeminate looking Apache developers.
* Doing odd things with the source code of the GNU hurd with tubes of mayonnaise, a six pack, a box of Kleenex, a mirror and a Barry White compilation album.
* Dressing as the sugar plumb fairy and attacking Bill Gates and Steve Balmer with a Katana.

Also if you want to see why I am inclined to think such a way google his pictures from 2000 onwards and just for fun you might want to check his singles add on craigslist.

I found this email in my inbox this morning, I had to edit a few words. :thumbsup:

A Love Story​

Once once upon a time, a Naval aviator asked a beautiful
Princess "Will you marry me? The Princess said 'NO'". ....and he
lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles, made many cruises, got
good promotions and duty stations and screwed skinny big-boobied broads
and played lacrosse and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to boobie
bars and dated women half his age and drank Whiskey, Beer, Tequila, Rum,
did shooters and Flaming Hookers and he never heard nagging, and chased
cheerleaders, almost movie stars, barmaids and kept his house and guns
and never got cheated on while he was at work or on cruises and all his friends
and family thought he was friggin' cool and he had tons of money in the
bank and left the toilet seat up.

The End

Car starts and idles now after I tuned the carb a bit. Gotta fix a vac leak and replace the kick down cable and I hope I'm set for a bit. Well at least make it driveable.

Today there is a benefit concert going on for my family by a couple local bands. I'm running sound for the first time in probably 3 years. Gonna be an interesting day.

Re: Today I have...

Slept in until 8:45. Got up had some breakfast and set about doing some cleaning. I cleaned my bathroom and my room. Decided my office was clean enough, then sat down to watch Mr. Deeds. Had some lunch, ran a few errands and just ordered the crap to fix my xbox.

Anyone see the new Galaxy Tabs Samsung unveiled today? The 8.9" looks perfect 1280x800 PLS (that's not a typo) display, 10 hour battery life, and it's both thinner and lighter than the iPad. It's also only $469 for the 16gb model which absolutely kills the Xoom.

I'm digging the display technology and pixel density. Just wish it wasn't widescreen. The 10.1inch version is basically imperceptible in terms of weight and thickness than the ipad. Which is good i think, that's a pretty perfect thickness imo. Maybe .1 or .2lbs less would be cool. I don't think i'd want the 8.9 version, i think the 9.7inch of the ipad is already pushing it in terms of being too small.

Also not to sure on the whole plastic on the back idea. I like my metal :p

On a side note the iPad 2 camera still makes me laugh. It's such a joke. I am actually wondering if the camera company paid Apple to get rid of there surplus stock of old crappy 5year old cellphone cameras for them. The front facing camera is your average vga camera.. it's fine for it's intended use as FaceTime i guess. I'm not making out i have any real use for a camera on a tablet, i mean i have my iPhone 4 that is always with me which takes very respectable quick snaps, my Fuji f200exr point and shoot whenever i think i might want to take a half good photo, and my d80 for whenever i know i will have the time and and situation to take a really good photo. But still i would just like the camera from the iPhone 4 in there. It's a really good low light sensor for a phone and takes respectable HD movies, so if i happened to be really desperate i could rely on it.

Maybe in the iPad 4 with retina display (I'm not a beleiver in them even being able to put a retina display in iPad 3 - call me a pessimist ;) ) they will put a good camera in to utilise the screen resolution.

edit:

Also i am not too pleased with Apple every iteration of iOS just seems to get buggier. I mean even if i fully close and reopen the Mail app on my ipad at the moment it just will not respond to any input.. i've had to restart it. Lame.

And here is some awesome low light (ceiling light on) photography from the iPad 2 with it's amazing 0.7mp non-flash non-autofocusing snapper.

photo1-2.jpg

Re: Today I have...

I watched that episode yesterday.

Can I haz enlightenment?

I got back from Busselton yesterday afternoon, cleaned the boat out when I got home and flushed the motor. I'm gonna have to pull it apart properly and find out why it's knocking when I accelerate above a certain speed. Think I know why tho...
I also got a box of chocolates from a chick at work today. Jazz hands time :cool:

Back
Top Bottom