Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Today I have....

.. eaten champagne cake (my favorite)
.. Played Worms HD in Calculus with three friends
.. eaten a Big Burger
.. drank some lemonade
.. Today was relatively uneventful :tongue:

Today i sat down with the family at the study computer (no one is allowed to use my PC, far to precious) to find a holiday for a few months time, so far it's looking like a trip to New York is looking like the best candidate. We can't decide which hotel - so far the two we like the look of that aren't necessarily obscene money if modest rooms are booked are The Waldorf Towers or The Ritz-Carlton, Central Park. We were also concidering other cities, but being the other side of the atlantic we're not exactly clued up on US cities.

if anyone knows of good hotels in NY then please say ;)

Also started my fund to save for an iPad 16gb, £430 ! so expensive here.

What, you're not coming over here? :cry:

Today I...
Finished getting aquainted with PS CS5 and moved onto Soundbooth, Illustrator, and catalyst
Regretted not going for more free beer last night
Agreed to fix a workmates pc
Bought some AAA batteries
Slept in till 7:45AM. Love the weekends!

I'll be more impressed when he buys a mobo that supports Quad-SLI at 16X. His 3rd and 4th card were a waste of money.

Today I have..
Slept till 11:22 AM. It's my first day off in over 3 weeks, so I decided that I could catch up on some sleep.
Played MW2 for a couple of hours. Still haven't beaten the campaign.
Gotten ready to go workout in about 20 minutes.

Today I have...

ran 4 miles on the treadmill

pedaled the recombinant bike for 40 min

Then:

Family came down to visit since it was Mother's Day Weekend. I got my mom a whole mess of Easter chocolate that I had gotten 90% off. Yeah, it was A LOT of chocolate.

We went to Schmidt's Sausage House buffet in German town and all got the Auto Bon Buffet as can be seen on Man vs. Food Episode 4: http://www.reeltvlinks....com/Man-v-Food/season/1/episode/4#watch

I warmed it up with a salad, a little applesauce (haven't had in years) and some macaroni salad. I then proceeded to get every kind of sausage they had, the sausage stew over chicken and rice, german potato salad, and sauerkraut. Main course plate 2 was macaroni and cheese, homade mashed potatoes and gravy, red cabbage, fried chicken, and more bahama mamma and bratwurst sausage. Plate three was corn+beef plus cabbage mixture, bacon green bean mixture, ham and bean soup, a little more sausage stew over chicken and rice, and a small bowl of cherry gelatin with like whipped cream on it or something. That was everything on the buffet. Yeah, the selection wasn't that huge, but it was all you need. Finally, we ordered four half pound cream puffs and sampled each of: classic vanilla, double chocolate, peanut butter, and chocolate banana. My rankings: classic vanilla > chocolate banana = double chocolate > peanut butter. The peanut butter one had a heavier cream and I didn't think it was as good. They were still all very good though. One of my bros thought the peanut butter one was the best, so it is preference I guess. Schmidt's Sausage House is definitely a 5 out of 5 and worthy of being on Man vs. Food.

Then, I showed my parents around the new student union and they left.

(Technically yesterday) but today I....

-Woke up at 8am and played some BFBC2 while I was formatting and reinstalling XP on an older computer to give to a friend of mine for free, because he will be doing me a big favor.

-Dropped off the rent to my landlord, and then dropped off my bro to work before lunch.

-For lunch, had a classic sandwich with the whole works, and my favorite brand of flavored seltzer water.

-After lunch, cleared out another 20 year's worth of junk out of the garage for my friend to pick up, because we can't depend on the garbage men to take it away.

Interesting thing happened while cleaning out the garage. I picked up this old box that had been sitting on top of a pile of old dead wood for who knows how long, and discovered a maggot infestation. There were literally thousands of them in and around the pile of wood. It looked so clean and neat before I moved that box, and then bam! So I bug sprayed the whole pile, and hopefully that took care of the majority of them. There's probably alot more once I entirely get rid of the wood sitting there.

-Then after I was done I took a nice long cold shower to get rid of all that dust, dirt, and sweat. Feels good when you get your hands dirty, and then taking a nice shower to wash it all away.

-Then ate another satisfying sandwich for a snack.

-Did the weekly water change on my aquarium.

-Took a nice hour nap.

-Ate dinner.

-Swapped computer cases and parts, putting together old spare rigs for the family. I do this every few months, I don't know why, I just like to see old computers coming back to life.

Now it's 2AM and I'm reinstalling OS to a couple computers while watching a movie.

I just got a free Promotional Code for google adwords for $100. I dont need it, so thought i would post it up here to see if anyone wanted it, or maybe even the forum wanted it. Pm me for the code if you want it.

Back
Top Bottom