Potentially the longest thread in history...

On the 920, the 980x has been delayed :( getting it sometime next week.

I'm done for tonight, final OC is a measily 4.61Ghz. 8.877 was the best SuperPI time I could get. Mind you, it's 21 degrees here atm, not exactly ideal suicide run ambient temps lol.

When you get frustrated I'll trade you a "real 920" or a "real 930" for that 980 and then I'll let you claim the benchmark records I achieve with it, hehehe :thumbsup:

lol I meant how did you get the funds? Were you just saving up for a while? Pretty pricey...could buy a whole 'nother computer with the price for one of those.
lol, ask Saxon

4.44 volts?! Or did you mean 1.44?

yep, 4.44v ftw! :big_grin: lol

When you get frustrated I'll trade you a "real 920" or a "real 930" for that 980 and then I'll let you claim the benchmark records I achieve with it, hehehe :thumbsup:

Actually, I'm not expecting that much out of the 980 (for SuperPI runs anyway). Because of the larger cache there's much more delay than normal. For lightweight programs like SuperPI which aren't really going to take advantage of either the extra cores OR the larger cache, the 980 isn't really going to be anything that special. The only chance I'll have is when I decide to get some WC.

On my OC run last night I only took the cpu vcore to 1.39v, I reckon I'll try it up to 1.43v tonight

edit: Does anyone know if the a1 FAH cores should only be using 50% of the CPU resources even when I've set them to 100%? Limitation of the a1 core?

So you need to keep rebooting the router?

Could be:
* it overheats
* the OS just doesn't work properly/isn't stable
* the hardware isn't very capable for what you're trying to do (for example too many simultaneous connections)

Found out my great gran died peacefully yesterday, at the ripe old age of 96 :'( First person to die that I've ever known personally.

Back
Top Bottom