Potentially the longest thread in history...

I love it when I walk into a computer shop and end up educating the salespeople.

I have even been browsing and had salespeople ask me to recommend a part for a customer.

I love it when I walk into a computer shop and end up educating the salespeople.

I have even been browsing and had salespeople ask me to recommend a part for a customer.

tis a good feeling......hahahaha especially when you sniff a best buy dude ripping off someone...and then step up and tell them otherwise...hahah so much fun.......got banned from my local bestbuy for doing that :-(

Several years ago I was at Worstbuy replacing my dad's mp3player, he bought the extended warranty. Anyways, while I was waiting for them to give me a replacement I went to the parts section (which is anemic in choices). I noticed that there weren't any cpu's, so I asked a rep (was actually geek squad) if I could see their cpu selection. He took me to some prebuilt machines.

[/facepalm]

I have it when people refer to the tower as a cpu. It isn't a cpu and never was. That's like calling a car an engine. I don't know where the habit came from, but engineers don't say it, so I can only imagine somewhere in the past when someone was getting their first machine they misunderstood the tech guy and started calling it a cpu. It snowballed form there.

It's right up there with calling magazines clips ,in annoyance.

lmao, that guy probibly didnt even know what CPU stood for. they have horrible prices on every thing in there. i bet if newegg opened up a store again then that would put bestbuy out of buisness, i wish that would happen :D

I thought Newegg gained its ability to undercut brick and mortar stores by not having the overhead of a walk in store. if they opened a store then it probably wouldn't be much better. The employees would be local jerk offs and the prices would be the same. Same with selection. Newegg is essentially a big warehouse, you can't do that in a retail store unless you are Sam's Club or Ikea.

hey guys
in town for about a week and was debating whether togoto nyc, san fran or orlando and i think i might just stay home and chill..

been flyin too much
what've you guys been upto?

I also watched angels and demons last night and tho ught it was a great mvoie!

Back
Top Bottom