Possible to Change Letters' Individual Colors in a Document?

Mercuerea

Beta member
Is there any way, in Wordpad, or any of the free Google Docs applications, or via CMD/any means necessary, to make it so when I am typing in a document, each letter, and a few dual-letter combinations, come out as a predetermined color? For example, whenever typing m's, they'd always be blue and w's always red. I wish to be able to do so because when I am writing phonetically (AKA writing so every word sounds out based off my own phonetic ruleset), for the purpose of poetry or prose, I've always wanted to be able to actually visualize the flow. Writing phonetically somewhat allows that, but having the predetermined colorset of every "sound" would take it to a whole new level.

Just for fun, here is all of the different letters/letter combos/sounds/phonemes I would need a separate color for.

ae - "day, hey, weigh, paid, maelstrom"
ea - "eat, screen, complete, seize, sieve"
ii - "I, my, lie, ride, style"
oa - "oh, bone, roam, mauve"
uu - "you, too, blue"
ue - "euphoria, hue, mercury, circular" (This is a hard one to wrap the head around. How I would write euphoria would be uefoareau)
oi - "toy, paranoid, oyster"
ox - "sound, brown, cloud"
a - "bad, adept, malice"
e - "bed, adept, instead"
i - "in, width, miss"
o - "constitution, drawn, gone, long"
u - "up, control, rush"

b - "big, bad, ball"
d - "dig, subtle, down"
f - "phone, fig, tough"
g - "gig, ghoul, rug"
h - "hid, half, had"
j - "jig, magic, giraffe"
k - "magic, back, clap"
l - "list, all, rally"
m - "mist, hymn, number"
n - "gnaw, end, mnemonic"
p - "power, ripe, leap"
r - "wrist, mirror, turn" (R is a goofy sound, the way we use it in the middle of a word nowadays it requires, usually, a vowel before it. When I write phonetically, I ignore that and would just write "rist, mear'r, trn" )
s - "sound, source, loose" (How I would write source would be "soars," writing this way really puts into perspective how lazy the English tongue has gotten)
t - "what, pterodactyl, rattle"
v - "vision, rave, starve"
w - "one, win, quality"
y - "yes, you, yesterday"
z - "zoo, xylophone, words"
ng - "ring, rang, wrong, rung, tongue" (Since this is also another tricky one, I'll show how I'd write those as well: "ring, raeng, rong, rung, tung")
ch - "choice, ranch, snatch"
th- "the, that, wrath"
sh - "sure, show, pressure"
zh - "vision, pleasure"

The color scheme would have the most similar sounds having closely resembling colors. For example, "t" and "d," being as they are nearly identical, would be close. Harder/rougher sounds, like "k" and "g" would have "harder" colors and would also be close to each other as "k" and "g" are also nearly the same sound. This way, I would truly be able to visualize the vocal flow of my writing which is immensely important to me as I am somewhat of an elitist when it comes to writing my own hip-hop/rap, utilizing every aspect possible to enhance flow like alliteration, assonance, internal versions of both, internal versions of rhyming, etc etc. Far more than just end rhyming one or two syllables or twisting your dialect and terrible pronunciation to make it sound as if you are flowing.

I have a feeling this is not as simple as you want it to be

example
Image the following colours
Z = Blue
H = Red
ZH - Green

you want to be able to set a custom colour for the letter combination ZH, but also want to set one for the letters Z and H individually
This would most likely mean someone needing writing a script or macro
As the software text editor would need to know that when the letter Z is on it's own that it needs to be blue, but when it is followed by the letter H that they need to be both set to be Green, rather than the Z as Blue and the H as Red.

so if you have vision, which just for this example I will assume you would spell this as VIZHON
this could be seen as VIZHON, but you need it to be VIZHON
As they are not individual letters any more, and need to be identified as a pair and set as a different colour

you are asking for a complex system, even though it would appear a simple concept, you have to realise that once you start having these variations and combinations then you need a script to manage all the different variations, and it wouldn't be as simple as forcing individual letters to be a certain colour.

Back
Top Bottom