Piracy for Indie Games is Through the Roof

Hate to bring this back up, but I wanted to put a little meat backing up my claim. This obviously is for the other side of the media industry, but in general it's all the same in the end. Each industry gets their money from different areas, but in the end it all comes down to this, and this guy has the perfect attitude about it.

Breaking Bad Creator: Illegal Downloading Raised Brand Awareness | TorrentFreak

I have a band that I put on hiatus 2 weeks ago, and if we were making albums right now, the first place I would put it is probably on torrent scene first myself. I've seen a lot of bands do this and get instantly recognized and shot up quickly. This can happen for anything be it movie, game, or music.

Hate to bring this back up, but I wanted to put a little meat backing up my claim. This obviously is for the other side of the media industry, but in general it's all the same in the end. Each industry gets their money from different areas, but in the end it all comes down to this, and this guy has the perfect attitude about it.

Breaking Bad Creator: Illegal Downloading Raised Brand Awareness | TorrentFreak

I have a band that I put on hiatus 2 weeks ago, and if we were making albums right now, the first place I would put it is probably on torrent scene first myself. I've seen a lot of bands do this and get instantly recognized and shot up quickly. This can happen for anything be it movie, game, or music.

Pretty much what I already said before, just in regard to indie games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Back
Top Bottom