Photo Shop Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the lasso hard to use, i screw up on a bit and then have to start again, seems to take a long time too. Any other way ?

the pen tool, but the lasso tool is easier.

Turn down the interval between the squares, and make sure you follow the thing you want to cut out exactly. Don't go to fast, and if you think it may jump in one part, manually click the squares in for it does not.

When you are talking about the pen tool are you referring to the Quick Selection tool? Cause the pen tool is for drawing shapes.

When you are talking about the pen tool are you referring to the Quick Selection tool? Cause the pen tool is for drawing shapes.

You can use the pen tool to create a path, which can be turned into a selection.

I find the lasso hard to use, i screw up on a bit and then have to start again, seems to take a long time too. Any other way ?

If you mess up on the lasso tool, hit backspace to undo any steps where the lasso stuck to somewhere you didn't want it to.

You can use the pen tool to create a path, which can be turned into a selection.

This.

IMO it's way easier because you can delete, edit, move, etc. the path points. Way easier on PhotoShop. Zoom into the image about 500% (depending on the size of the image of course), and get to creating a path around the image. Takes longer, but more worth it IMO.

This.

IMO it's way easier because you can delete, edit, move, etc. the path points. Way easier on PhotoShop. Zoom into the image about 500% (depending on the size of the image of course), and get to creating a path around the image. Takes longer, but more worth it IMO.

Definitely the most precise way if you have the patience.

Magic wand can come in handy a lot, depending on the image you're working with.

Magnetic Lasso is fun, but is definitely meant for the lazy who can't use the pen.

There are other ways to do cut-outs and render images, though.

Here's an extract tool guide, but I've never had very much luck with the extract tool: Removing a Picture from it's Background using extract in Photoshop

Extracting effects (smoke, etc) and hair are hard lol. I've tried, and only been able to get semi-decent results...I don't dare do hair...

Lol @ Magnetic Lasso.

Thanks, the pen thing is hard to use, i just tried, and i get funky curved lines totally where i don't want them. Practice makes perfect i guess.

Don't click and drag. Just click like you're doing connect the dots. The closer you make the anchors (dots), the more precise you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom