PETA condemn Barack Obama's fly swatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Animal group PETA condemn Barack Obama's fly swatting | World News | News.com.au
Animal group PETA condemn Barack Obama's fly swatting

* Animal activists upset Obama swatted fly
* Send president a humane bug trap
* Killing showed Obama not perfect, PETA says

PEOPLE for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is upset with US President Barack Obama killing a fly during a televised interview - and are sending him a parcel to prove it.

The Daily Telegraph reports PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

"We support compassion even for the most curious, smallest and least sympathetic animals," PETA spokesman Bruce Friedrich said.

"We believe that people, where they can be compassionate, should be, for all animals."

During an interview for CNBC at the White House on Tuesday, a fly intruded on Mr Obama's conversation with correspondent John Harwood.

What????? I really can not believe the some people. Since when did PETA care about flies?

Only in America can everyone become obsessed with video of some one swatting a fly and then hardline animal rights groups condemn it as a crime and gross violation of ethics.

Only in America can everyone become obsessed with video of some one swatting a fly and then hardline animal rights groups condemn it as a crime and gross violation of ethics.

LOL! You are right. I am looking at PETA website now.

https://www.petacatalog.org/prodinfo.asp?number=HP220
Katcha Bugâ„¢ Humane Bug Catcher

Are you the kind of person who wouldn't hurt a fly? Is your motto "live and let live," even when it comes to tiny, six-legged, uninvited house guests? Then the Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher is for you! Simply place Katcha Bug over the bug and slowly slide its plastic trapdoor shut. The bug will step onto the trapdoor as it closes, and you can carry Katcha Bug outside, where all you need to do is slide the trap door open, allowing the bug to walk away. You'll have no problem catching even large spiders with this handy gadget. Katcha Bug measures 9 inches in length, so you won't have to get too close for comfort.

WTF? Give me one of these any day of the week.

I'm sure your opinions on the matter would be entirely different if you were that fly..;)

Jokes aside, this is unbeleivable. PETA are a joke.

The fly lacks sentience. I doubt it cares. I had to write a paper on animal rights activists last year. My conclusion was they were nuts and need not feel a need to procreate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom