Burning the Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is he actually going ahead with it now?

He has not confirmed whether or not it will go on. Although, the city has already made it very clear that he does not have a permit for the fire and there will be firetruck on site tomorrow in case he gets froggy.

Who cares. Let them burn whatever they want. My only frustration is the amount of media this asshole's getting. That's all he cares about. Publicity.

...and they're giving it to him.

This. If everyone just sat back and thought "cor dear, another pillock, let's just ignore the guy" then he probably wouldn't even go ahead with it. If he did then no-one would give a damn, end of problem.

And yes, I'm a Christian but I'd say exactly the same thing if it was the other way round and a muslim was mass-burning bibles. I'd think it was sad, bizarre and the guy was a total pillock but at the end of the day it doesn't change anything or affect anything.

It's just a bit sad the media are giving this guy so much flipping attention, it's *them* that are spreading this around and causing so many problems. I'm sure lots of things like this go on all the time just with less publicity (there's lots of strange people in this world) we just never hear about them.

This. If everyone just sat back and thought "cor dear, another pillock, let's just ignore the guy" then he probably wouldn't even go ahead with it. If he did then no-one would give a damn, end of problem.

And yes, I'm a Christian but I'd say exactly the same thing if it was the other way round and a muslim was mass-burning bibles. I'd think it was sad, bizarre and the guy was a total pillock but at the end of the day it doesn't change anything or affect anything.

It's just a bit sad the media are giving this guy so much flipping attention, it's *them* that are spreading this around and causing so many problems. I'm sure lots of things like this go on all the time just with less publicity (there's lots of strange people in this world) we just never hear about them.

The media will always show some far east country burning a US flag chanting their anti-capitalism slogans, why do we give them air time?

^ Thank you.

The "media" (and that means EVERY network) will cover whatever that think will get them some viewers and up their ratings.

I hope this sums it all up.

This subject is one of the most volatile ever infested upon us since Pearl Harbour. The implications and continuous incidents of horrific mass murder of innocent civilians, military, the destruction of collateral all costing billions of dollars, the wrecking of countless lives and social disruption are exactly the same - in fact worse !

The 9/11 casualty total of about 20,000 including 12,000 suffering permanent respiratory diseases and nearly 3,000 killed, does NOT include the tens of thousands of ordinary families whose lives have been wrecked forever.

It is up to the military and security forces of the US and rest of the world to stamp out this scourge of mankind. We are doing our best, but it is not good enough or brutal enough. When dealing with fanatic killers whether individually or collectively, it should be done using all the destructive means at our disposal and very quickly. Legal connotations and wrangling should be completely disregarded and retribution totally a military matter.

Al Queda and Osama Bin Laden ? It`s a sick joke. If Google can produce a detailed picture of my property by satellite, such that I can see the colour of my garden gnomes eyes, then the US can see what Bin Laden has for breakfast. They know exactly were he is but flatly refuse to obliterate his peaceful mountain retreat.

Why ? For the same reason they let him escape from Tora Bora, like some Hollywood movie where the villain always escapes. The Bush family`s close friendship and former business arrangements with Bin Laden`s family, plus they do not wish to upset Pakistan by Smart bombing or Napalming him and his gang of killers into oblivion. A mountain barbecue that we could all enjoy.

An added factor is that it would not look too good in the Bin Laden family album to have a colour picture of Osama`s head stuck on a spike in central Kandahar.

Terry Jones and his Quran burning prank ? It always was a disgusting PR debacle intended to bring recognition and notoriety to both himself and his piffling, insignificant little church in Gainesville Fla.

He never intended to burn a single Quran - he has not got the guts. The whole nutty insane scheme did nothing but upset the whole world and embarrass the US Government, Country and it`s military operations throughout the world, where our people are dying every single day.

Whilst the US and it`s allies tread softly, softly, there will be no end to it. When fighting such inhuman evil, the only way to win is fight under the same rules. Bin Laden`s own words were given in an interview :- "The Western countries are too concerned with living - we are dedicated to dying for what we believe".

Muslim`s ? They have every right to practice their religion as much as we do. It is the fanatical killers of their faith that interpret the Quran to their own sick needs that is the problem. After all, we whites cannot be so hypocritical, some of the world`s most horrific massacre`s of the human race and destruction of civilisation have been carried out by whites.

Remember Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and many more ? Well, add to that the Hiroshima and Nagasaki exploits committed by the US, plus all the atrocities committed under the banner of Old Glory and THEN consider who is so righteous.

My town has 30% Muslim`s. I do not like them, I never invited them into my country or life to destroy our ancient heritage, but some of the nicest, most well behaved people I have ever met are Muslim`s. They are an outstanding example of good social behaviour.

White`s ? Nothing but undisciplined trouble everywhere you care to look and a disgrace to decent social standards, with just about every type of crime, liberal desecration to private and public property and not a single thought for others.

John Bull - Amen

"-.-

Wow. Glad you're not an American, huh? There's a pretty large percentage of "those nasty white people" here.

"-.-

Wow. Glad you're not an American, huh? There's a pretty large percentage of "those nasty white people" here.

Oh Grant, if you ever new.

I idolise America and her great people a million times more than my own even though I have done my share of playing Rambo.

Everybody has their bad side and America has theirs, but the country is by far the best example of freedom and civilised comfort, prosperity and satisfaction that the world has ever seen and it will never be beaten.

My diatribe is simply to share the bad chips out fairly and recognise that however horrific the atrocities carried out against America and her allies, it really is no different from our own many actions over history and even now.

The only difference is that WE regard the attackers as inhuman killers because of our allegiance to our nation and ideals. They actually do the same.

The main point of fighting is NEVER recognised by Western countries, it is :-
If you are going to fight, you MUST do it under the same rules. The one who has rules based totally on WINNING no matter how, will win

God Bless America and all who live in her.
John Bull

My town has 30% Muslim`s. I do not like them, I never invited them into my country or life to destroy our ancient heritage, but some of the nicest, most well behaved people I have ever met are Muslim`s. They are an outstanding example of good social behaviour.

White`s ? Nothing but undisciplined trouble everywhere you care to look and a disgrace to decent social standards, with just about every type of crime, liberal desecration to private and public property and not a single thought for others.
It's that sort of pig racist attitude that caused the very problems you so eloquently describe. The disgrace to decent social standards? That lies with people like you making statements like that.

I honestly think this thread should be closed to prevent argument.

The alleged "Burning of the Quran" never happened and is done and over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom