PC Repair Flier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks very unprofessional to me, The South Park character gives me the idea that a kid is trying to start his own PC Repair business and for showing that you have prior experience with the geek squad, try not to use ex because it makes it sound like you were fired, and even if you were you don't want people to know that, so just use former geek squad agent and do list your certifications, though some may not understand them it will help them feel more at ease about using you, also you could offer free estimates over the phone. Just some of my thoughts and input.

i thought it looks alright for an amiture repair, um... gig? not business, but w/e is below that on professionalism standards.. ah nvm havnt got much sleep latelly either

but it never hurts to classy it up a bit, ie rePLACE the soutpark image w/ something more computer related or w/e. Things like "computer fixer extrodinaire" is one of those cutsie things that will hit home for someone like the housewife who wants to check her emails. She's willing to support local people and stuff, so why not the extrodinair?

maybe a little more info would be nice, something like an FAQ of before, during and after... maybe some other "cutsie" thigns like for example, "4 out of 5 customers recommend them to their family members, and 2 out of 5 give them cookies". Just make it more appealing to look at, more colors floating around, etc

also i'd recommend a brocuer(?) rather than a flyer

Not sure if you didn't notice, but the south park character is a geek. Maybe I should have him holding a screwdriver or something. I was also thinking about putting a computer on there too, so he's not the only animated thing on there and is more suggestive.

So everyone agree's with former GS instead of ex? Also, I'll go ahead and list my qualifications.

How about this as a title, "Qualified PC Repair Services"?

Thanks.

i got that the guy is a computer nerd stereo type of some kind, but the point is it's south park.... which will not appeal to your target audience, or most of them... i've noticed most people who enjoy sp know enough to clean their own cmputers

First of all, ditch the south part character. Just about every reply as said the same thing. Like post a picture of a computer or some thing else.
Even that Microsoft Clip Art with the duck holding the hammer about ready to smash the computer (see that picture posted soo many times on fliers). Just get rid of the south park character.
talldude123 said:
Just for the record, I left for the military, but need to raise a little more cash before I ship out. This flier won't go beyond 4 or 5 grocery stores and my local gym, and I'm not an official business, so I don't see how or why someone would want to pursue putting someone down like that just for mentioning I use to work there.
I did not know that you left for to do your part for Uncle Sam. Neither does the rest of the world that is reading it.

Remember that you are computer tech. You are not Steven Siegal Ex-Navy Seal who's a cook/enviromentalist/cop/whatever that happens to be in the right place at the right time.

talldude123 said:
I've never had any serious issue's with virus removal. If it was so bad it would take myself 3 hours long, I would recommend a re-format and reload. I cannot recall not being able to fix an infected computer unless the registry or hard drive was severely corrupted, and at that point I asked there permission for a backup / reload.
Some times, a Format and Reload is not option for people. Exspecially with these people that are a business.
3 hours is normall the time it take when i am dealing with some one that as a lot of business data on there computer and they got some persistant spyware that keeps coming up again and again as it rooted itself down in the registry. And it just installs itself again on reboot.

talldude123 said:
I think "Computer Repair" is a little too unprofessional. That's the sort of thing that made me think what you mentioned, "Will fix PC for food." MAYBE "Computer Services", but I don't know if it's worth replacing the current title.
It will be. It's best to just get down to the point of what services you are advertising for a heading.

talldude123 said:
You must be desperate at those prices. You're not making any profit, really...
Yes.
Charging people too little can have a negative affect too.
1. It's your time. Now putting aside company over heads, if you are charging half the price that geek squad to fix computers, that means you have to to work twice as hard to make the same money.

2. Charging lower prices make it sound like you are desperate for business. Now, I am just as desperate for business as my competators. However you charge too little, it will look like you are too desperate, which does make people think again for what they are paying for.

3. Charging a lower price can be a reflection on what your skills really are at. Lower Price Trades/Service People = Lower Skill and Ability to get the job done right.

Thresh said:
Not sure if you didn't notice, but the south park character is a geek. Maybe I should have him holding a screwdriver or something. I was also thinking about putting a computer on there too, so he's not the only animated thing on there and is more suggestive.

So everyone agree's with former GS instead of ex?
Look, just leave the Geek Sqaud part out all together. Like if your advertisement looks professional, the people will not need to know that you used to work at Geek Squad.

As for the South Park, keeping that character there is just advertising the fact that you like South Park. It's just as the same amout of appeal as me putting a picture of one of the anime characters from one of the shows I watch.

lets say I was walkin down the street saw the flier all i would do is look at the SOuth park character laugh and most likely say what a *** then actually maybe inquire about your services. truthfully

homerj14 said:
lets say I was walkin down the street saw the flier all i would do is look at the SOuth park character laugh and most likely say what a *** then actually maybe inquire about your services. truthfully
How about some hot looking anime chick? Do you think that might work instead? :)

WorldIndustries said:
Just a crazy idea... How about a picture of a computer?! :eek: :p
No. You can not do that. No one will like that idea. It would never work. :p :p :p :p

If you did that, people might think that you are some sort of computer techie or some thing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom