Outlook Exchange and android problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Wade

Beta member
- I have a client who uses android X which he syncs with a microsoft exchange email account. For no rhyme or reason, random emails will show up to his phone but will not show up in his office outlook 2007 on his desktop. I have tried creating a new profile, scanned the .pst files for errors, setting up his email on another pc with outlook 2007, along with making sure his "advanced view" is turned on and "messeges" is selected. We have been back and forth with this problem for a few weeks now, Verizon has replaced the phone but it still is doing the same exchange issues with the new phone. About two weeks ago, the phone was randomly eating emails that would come in, you could see the email come in on the desktop....and as soon as the phone would grab internet, the emails would disappear.

- Has anyone else had any issues simular to this one?

- Couple of network facts :
: Company he works for host there own exchange
: Server hosting exchange is running Windows Server 2003 SP2
: Sonic wall spam filter, "called tech support, and in the sonic wall logs you can see where the specific emails are passing through with no issues"
: Client thats having issues is using Microsoft outlook 2007
: Out of all the workers in this company on this site, he is the only one with an andriod phone. Everyone else uses iphone, or doesnt get there emails synced to there phone.

Thanks,

that smels like and AV scanner or spam scanner to me. just because it passed through the spam filter dosnt mean that it didnt get picked up by a differnet scaner. Check the local computer scanner and log files.

Is the phone setup to leave the emails on the server? Since you say that the phone ate the emails once they connected it sounds as if you have the PC setup to leave the emails on the server but the phone is set to download all emails and not leave anything on the server. Which is why the phone gets them and the PC does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom