OSX won't start after XPostFacto?

CommanderLiamTHX

In Runtime
I have this old iBook G3 Clamshell (no firewire,) and a couple years ago I wanted to downgrade it from OSX 10.3.9 to 9.2. I put in the CD, then ran XPostFacto. I chose the CD, then restarted in Mac OS 9. However, the OS9 installer couldn't find any valid destination volume, so I shut it down to go back to OSX. But then it started off the CD again, so I took out the CD and powered it on. It showed the happy mac, then went to a folder with a blinking question mark on it. Is OSX still there? If so, how do I boot to it?

Nowadays, to get OS X 9 CD is quite difficult. Moreover, in my opinion, the above link would work surely. But please take a backup of entire drive for a safer side

Nowadays, to get OS X 9 CD is quite difficult. Moreover, in my opinion, the above link would work surely. But please take a backup of entire drive for a safer side

Yes, thanks for that additional info. Before performing any task that could end up damaging your machine or system files, you must ALWAYS backup the hard drive first.

Back
Top Bottom