OS not seeing Full amount of Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically Windows 8 Developer Preview 64bit is free to download...

But its early stuff, and might be buggy, and might ruin your PC. Thats to cover myself - it runs great for me.
Definitely don't use it if you are going to be putting important, sensitive information on there.

In fact i shouldn't really of mentioned this. Take of it what you will.

Yes Win8 is free, yes it is activated. But it also has a time bomb set to go off as well. So you will only be able to use the OS for about 3 months before it will deactivate itself and no longer be able to be used. I would highly suggest you don't use Win8 as an alternative. It is a Developer Preview. It isn't even a Beta yet. It has a time bomb and it is buggy.

Yes Win8 is free, yes it is activated. But it also has a time bomb set to go off as well. So you will only be able to use the OS for about 3 months before it will deactivate itself and no longer be able to be used. I would highly suggest you don't use Win8 as an alternative. It is a Developer Preview. It isn't even a Beta yet. It has a time bomb and it is buggy.

Yeah.

This is kind off topic, but i don't want to start a thread about it. As someone who is clearly windows proficient, 'hardcore' if you like, what do you think of Win 8 ? with the whole new UI. I really like it but then if i was some crazy windows-know-it-all poweruser it might drive me crazy.

Also, maybe I'm rubbish at bug finding, but I have not noticed a single major problem. It seems like they could finish it in a month in a good enough state to sell it, when it's pretty much known to be a year away.

this is incorrect. 32 bit windows server OSs can break this barrier.

check these memory limits. for instance, Windows Server 2008 Enterprise can allocate up to 64GB of ram

Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)

edit - assumes PAE is enabled.

Physical Address Extension (Windows)

But i thought PAE basically made it not really 32bit ? So therefor it still stands 32bit can not support a lot of ram. But i'm quickly getting out of my depth here so if we're going to argue on a really technical level i'm just going to let you win ;)

Technically PAE can allow your system to see all the RAM installed. But it comes with a major cost. It lags the system and you don't get the performance gain. As far as Win8 goes. I love it. People have to get over this assumption that what they see is what will be. It is a flippin PREVIEW. There is still a ton of work to be done. It hasn't even hit Beta stages yet. This is a Demo of the new Metro Interface so they can show how cross platform Win8 will be for all Devices since they have Tablets with this build on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom