Official Tech-Forums Post Your "Picture of the Day" Thread! (56k Warning)

It's hard to get that pop with my Canon RAW editor. I really like lance's colors though. Gotta get photoshop back on my comp.

55gx8w.jpg

ISO 250 32MM F/6.3 1/4000th

and yes those are kia's XD

Your subject is lacking distinction from its foreground/background. Also the background is too cluttered with the flags and telephone wires. Trees and lamps are underexposed and the cars lack sharp lines (they all are just there and don't really make a statement). Perhaps just concentrate on the front of the red KIA and ignore trying to capture the front in its entirely. Learn to fill the frame and I think the picture will turn out more appealing.

Something along the lines of this.

Excuse the poor resolution and noise, had to crop a bit out. Why are you shooting at ISO 250 btw?

3830978642_4902839563_o.jpg

A kiddie shot for you all:

3814945518_5ea277dd70_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 46 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Kid on left: "That D300 is gonna be mine one day."

Kid on right: "GASP, I CAN MAKE BUBBLES!"

Joking aside, I like the black straws.

Your subject is lacking distinction from its foreground/background. Also the background is too cluttered with the flags and telephone wires. Trees and lamps are underexposed and the cars lack sharp lines (they all are just there and don't really make a statement). Perhaps just concentrate on the front of the red KIA and ignore trying to capture the front in its entirely. Learn to fill the frame and I think the picture will turn out more appealing.

Something along the lines of this.

Excuse the poor resolution and noise, had to crop a bit out. Why are you shooting at ISO 250 btw?

3830978642_4902839563_o.jpg

i like low iso shooting in daylight and i like the effect of the flags and wires makes you feel like you are there. i dont find the image lacks sharp lines all tho the kit lens for the d90 is a very soft lens in the first place.

I wasn't saying your ISO was low, I was saying why it's relatively high at 250. Or was that a mistype and you meant ISO 50?

i like low iso shooting in daylight and i like the effect of the flags and wires makes you feel like you are there. i dont find the image lacks sharp lines all tho the kit lens for the d90 is a very soft lens in the first place.

I kind of have to agree with nderscore, There is too much going on in the photo. And the tree that is chopped off at the top doesn't help. Maybe more depth of field would have complemented that shot?

I wasn't saying your ISO was low, I was saying why it's relatively high at 250. Or was that a mistype and you meant ISO 50?

oh no the lowest the d90 goes to is 100 i think i might be able to hit 50 i have to look it up. i usualy shoot at 400 so 250 is relatively low for me, and i wanted a nice high shutter speed.

Back
Top Bottom