Nvidia Shield

Spicy

In Runtime
So I know its fairly old news now guys, but what are your thoughts on the Nvidia Shield? A multi purpose gaming, TV, Streaming device. It has been made out to be much faster than the PS4 and Xbox One too. I have also heard that you need Nvidia's new graphics card for it to actually work? Can anyone confirm this? Because if not this piece of kit is a great bargin.
(Best Android TV Box | SHIELD)

Thanks

From what I remember being said about it - it acts like a relay for gaming.

As in you have the controller and the shield device at your TV in your living room and through the network it transmits your control input to the PC, with an Nvidia compatible graphics card. The PC renders the game as it normally would then shoots the video back over the network to the shield to display on the TV.

That's just what i remember - I haven't really kept up with it so I might be wrong.

From what I remember being said about it - it acts like a relay for gaming.

As in you have the controller and the shield device at your TV in your living room and through the network it transmits your control input to the PC, with an Nvidia compatible graphics card. The PC renders the game as it normally would then shoots the video back over the network to the shield to display on the TV.

That's just what i remember - I haven't really kept up with it so I might be wrong.

That's cool, using a PC as a games console.

I almost bought one of these. Once I found out about latency between controller and box along with the limited google play selection...I got a new Apple TV.

Aha. How is the apple TV, any good?

It is everything the previous model should have been.

The remote is slick with the touch controls and Siri. The interface is cleaned up. It's smooth and faster than the previous.

There aren't a heap load of games right now, but they seem to be adding to the store every single day.

Neat little feature--the remote knew how to turn my tv on and off as well as volume up and down. I spent NO TIME programming it to do so.

It is everything the previous model should have been.

The remote is slick with the touch controls and Siri. The interface is cleaned up. It's smooth and faster than the previous.

There aren't a heap load of games right now, but they seem to be adding to the store every single day.

Neat little feature--the remote knew how to turn my tv on and off as well as volume up and down. I spent NO TIME programming it to do so.

That's really cool, I've got an iPhone but Apples computers have never lived up to my standards but this thing sounds cool.

Back
Top Bottom