Not sure what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

skreebus

Beta member
Hello,
Im new to the site and came here because I ran into a prob I have no idea whats causing this. Im usually pretty tech savy but this has me stumped.

Problem: Desktop icons show the image intended but the little arrow for the shortcut is a little box that looks like a a static image from a tv with the black and white specs. And my Intel Turbo booster 2.0 no longer boosts my cpu, and when right clicked it opens the selection area but no text is there.. And the intel control center showed no text when loading the program it opened but was blank box except a small blue box which I found out unistalled it and now says my laptop no longer supports the CC when I tried reinstall. These programs came preinstalled on laptop and now decided to not work.
And when running the intel processor ID utility it shows expected cpu speed 2.0GHZ but reported is only .79ghz.

Laptop: Asus G74SX
intel i7 2630QM cpu
8 gig ram
Nvidia GTX 560m GPU
Windows 7 64bit

Any idea as how to fix this?

Thanks

***UPDATE***

After playing with the power settings I was able to get the turbo booster to work. expected 2.0 reported is now 2.6 :)
Still no luck getting reinstall of the control center or getting the icon thing fixxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom