Not famous but good browsers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmannawar

In Runtime
Does anyone know of some less common browsers that have good attributes, and are fun to test drive? I know all the common ones, and some of the ones in the middle like opera, but if anyone knows of like some "homemade" ones, tell me.

If you were on Linux I'd have you try out one called Midori
it's a very minimalistic browser... I think it comes stock with Elementary OS.

If you were on Linux I'd have you try out one called Midori
it's a very minimalistic browser... I think it comes stock with Elementary OS.
When I get my new laptop (No idea when that will be) I think I'm going to install linux on it. I'll take note of Midori.

i try to stick to the main browsers, after actually having a hand in making websites you can see how some browsers support features that some dont,
example: its changed a little but when microsoft were throwing .asp at everything, firefox couldnt support it and asp could only be viewed through IE.

it used to be that websites guided their construction by following W3C standards but these days you'll be hardpressed to find one website that completely conforms to proper html standards. and alas, if they did follow standardisation it wouldnt matter what browser you use as long as it supported the markup used

got a website? check out how you do:
The W3C Markup Validation Service

Tech Forums got: 62 Errors, 1 warning(s) :p

i try to stick to the main browsers, after actually having a hand in making websites you can see how some browsers support features that some dont,
example: its changed a little but when microsoft were throwing .asp at everything, firefox couldnt support it and asp could only be viewed through IE.

it used to be that websites guided their construction by following W3C standards but these days you'll be hardpressed to find one website that completely conforms to proper html standards. and alas, if they did follow standardisation it wouldnt matter what browser you use as long as it supported the markup used

got a website? check out how you do:
The W3C Markup Validation Service

Tech Forums got: 62 Errors, 1 warning(s) :p

Haha I put tech forums in there too. I saw the Errors but what's the warning?

pretty sure its:
Warning Line 48, Column 394: character "&" is the first character of a delimiter but occurred as data

…/styles/techforum/logo.png" alt="Tech & Computer Forums - Powered by vBulletin…

✉

This message may appear in several cases:

You tried to include the "<" character in your page: you should escape it as "<"
You used an unescaped ampersand "&": this may be valid in some contexts, but it is recommended to use "&", which is always safe.
Another possibility is that you forgot to close quotes in a previous tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom