Noob to Wireless/Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Hi!

What would I need to have wireless connectivity everywhere (within reason, of course).

Our Sales Rep has a Laptop that is good for Hotspots, but she would like to use her laptop on the road.

Thanks for your input.

a satalite phone you can connect to your modem? Or perhaps a 5 mile high antenna on the car?

seriously I think all you can reasonably do is bluetooth a GRPS connection through a mobile phone.

Here Works on cell phone towers. Not as good bandwidth as Wi-Fi, but works anywhere a mobile phone would work.

Requires a subscription though.

you could get a wireless pc card and get service kind of like a cell phone, alhough it is rather expensive. I know for sure that verizon wireless and cingular offer it

Buy a sidekick. I'm using one right now to post this. Unlimited internet, aim, txting, email, 700min, unlimited nights and weekends. 65 bucksa month with t-mobile. Sidekick was 300. Totally worth it.

Im using a verizon wireless card to be on this forum now $60.00 yes sixty bucks a month. It works on the towers. and is near DSL speed in big cities. in houston its pretty much around 8mps. It rules. I use it in the car on the way from dallas to houston. Its slow in remote areas but it works! I hope i helped! btw the card is 120$ mine was.....the better one is $220

LOLS ...ON the road....she should use WIFI with a date rate of 512mbps with 5.4ghz...Beczuse it too far on the road to the spots....u nid a very high range WIFI connetion...but the connetion will be lesser when u got far way from the spots.

My brother has a sprint pocket pc phone. He pays something like $10 extra for data access on his phone. But with his model, he can share his phones internet connection with his laptop with no additional fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom