No, I can't fix your iphone

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
[rant]

Or your ipad, or your laptop, or your home computer.

I am not coming to your house to configure your wireless router.

I am the IT department, if you have an issue with the computer you use at work, FOR work, I'm the guy to call.

If you can't figure out how to use your new fancy phone, you shouldn't have bought it. Surely it came with a manual. Failing that or your ability (or lack thereof) to read and comprehend said manual, call their tech folks.

I do not store details for every device ever made.

I do not keep a spreadsheet of everyone's password.

If you leave me a message on my voice mail and don't at least leave me your first and last name, odds are your password won't get reset.

If you leave me a message on my voice mail and leave your name but don't bother to tell me what the problem is, odds are I won't get back to you very quickly.

If you insist on putting labels in the printer drawer rather than the flip down tray as you have been told numerous times, do not be shocked when I am not sympathetic to the fact that one of the labels peeled off inside the printer and now it's a total mess.

My office hours are posted and in my outgoing message, if you leave a message after I leave for the day do not be getting your knickers in a wad because I didn't call you back.

I cannot get you a new computer just because you want one. Same for a ginormous monitor or color printer.

Sometimes I have to call someone else for additional support. That takes time as they have more than one person they assist. Calm down, it'll get fixed.

I have no idea where you saved that word document. Use the search feature.

Facebook is blocked. Deal with it. Get back to work.

Youtube, same thing.

Work computers are not yours. If your bank website or other site you want to get to is blocked, I can't unblock it. And if I could, I wouldn't.

Stop eating over your keyboard.

Save stuff to the network shares, they get backed up every night.

Unless you are the CEO or CFO I don't do data recovery from your C drive. See above.

No, you don't need dual monitors.

[/rant]

This. A thousand times this. Lol.. I know what you mean... I get some of that stuff at work as well.

On an unrelated note... Good to see you back dave! Been a while!

Meh, maybe I'm too soft but I made sure everyone got new desktops with dual monitors and new work laptops. Then again, I am the branch manager, so I can pretty much do whatever the **** I want. Youtube is blocked at work, as is Facebook. Pandora is up though, I like music when I'm working and it doesn't hurt productivity so why not. When the offices are productive, I get raises.

Happy workers = Rich me.

Meh, maybe I'm too soft but I made sure everyone got new desktops with dual monitors and new work laptops. Then again, I am the branch manager, so I can pretty much do whatever the **** I want. Youtube is blocked at work, as is Facebook. Pandora is up though, I like music when I'm working and it doesn't hurt productivity so why not. When the offices are productive, I get raises.

Happy workers = Rich me.

tell that to my school please ;)

Your spot on Dave. Although it is probably a lot more frustrating for you guys.

I kinda know what you mean, people ask me to help them with crap a lot just because I know more than them. My dad has had his blackberry for ages now and still can't work out how to use. I'm just like... No. You shouldn't have got it. my friend changed his laptop password, a few hours after he forgot it. Say mischa? How do I fix it?

Back
Top Bottom