New WebPage Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthscsa19

Baseband Member
I have an idea for a webpage that I want to create. What the best way of going about this? I already chose what I want to call it, and made sure it was available. I think I'm going with iPowerWeb as my webhost, but should I build my webpage first before signing up for a host?

I have no clue how to build a webpage, but I am really good at working with document creation, productivity software and photoshop/corel and other related programs. Would my best bet be to use something like Frontpage to get started? Its mostly going to be a news/info website.

Also, I have FrontPage at home and Publisher at work. What are the differences?

Anyways, since I know many of you have had to go through this at one point or another, I figure I'd ask around and maybe forgo making a newbie mistake.

Thanks.

Hi

The advantage of building your site first before buying your hosting package is that, if your hosting package is for a fixed length of time (for example 2 years) then you are eating into your 2 year period with nothing on the site until you have built it. If this takes you a few months, then it seems like a waste of money.

Of couse this isn't a problem if it will only take you a day to build your site! And purchasing your hosting package immediately will secure your domain name straight away.

A program like Frontpage or Dreamweaver, will allow you to import your photoshop graphics etc quite easily for a beginner and to lay your page out. Look at some tutorials both online and within the software.

You will also need an FTP program to upload your site from you PC to the WWW.

Let me know if you need any help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom