new phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
na, that things cute, im lookin at it now

just looked thro your updated post, thanks alot man, thats really good

yea that k750i is **** sexy, are there any phones wich actull have an sd slot, or is that pda terrartory?

There are quite a few that do including the K750i. Go to a shop and find one you like once you have done that say you will think about it and buy it online.

jimmyness said:
yea that k750i is **** sexy, are there any phones wich actull have an sd slot, or is that pda terrartory?

Hardly any phones have SD slots, mainly due to the size. However, many Nokia phones use MCC slots (similar in size to SD cards), though they are moving to RS-MMC.

Most mobile phones with expandable memory slots use either MicroSD or RS-MMC due to their small size.

Sony however, use their proprietary Memory Stick Pro Duo on many of their phones (which is large), however they do have Memory Stick Micro cards.

yeh, i've also ordered a memory stick pro duo (1gb was £30 off amazon) so i can store a decent amount of stuff on it.

You can get 2gb memory cards for about £55/60

...ooffhhh :freak:

Careful when buying Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo cards from small and unheard of, online shopping sites.

There's been a big hype amongst consumers over fake Memory Stick Pro Duo cards, especially those of large capacities are very low prices (compared to sony retail versions), and in particular those purchased from, or imported from China.

Some guides...

http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=37838

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1124

My bro and his friend both have Sony Erricson phones (both different) which use Pro Duo cards. They saw cheap 2GB cards being sold on eBay from a UK seller. After a week of using the cards, they both kept experiencing data corruption and problems storing over 1GB of data. However, their Pro Duo cards which came with the phones worked perfectly fine. They tried factory resetting the phone, getting a replacement from the eBay seller...but still the same problem occurred. Turns out they had fake cards, which the seller (not knowing they were fake) had imported from a warehouse in China. What a waste of money though...the seller only accepted replacements and not refunds. I bet he knew!

This used to be a good guide to use: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/324446 but unfotunately some of the photobucket images have been deleted from the server. Don't ask why, but this affects the many articles who have used the photos as illustrations.

i used amazon for the memory card and www.dialaphonepp.co.uk for the phone (i had never heard of dialaphonepp before but the delivery was on time and they give you a good starter pack with everything you need)

just set up the phone yesterday and its fantastic. 10/10

phones can be unlocked for $10 anyways so getting a phone for a different provider is no problem.. you'd just need the sim card.

.. and make sure its a GSM phone.. because i believe CDMA phones are only useable in north america. and i'm not sure what other format they use in korea/japan.. but it porbably won't be compatible with british networks anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom