New Media Player Needed!!

GeeJay

Solid State Member
Afternoon folks! ;)

I've been iTunes on my PC as my main media player for all my Mp3 files. I'm music lover so a good media player is needed for me to musically entertain myself every day. iTunes was good but it's started to get slow and I wanted a change, if I can't find anything good then I'll have to go back to it.

All my music is stored on a NAS drive so the player will need to have to the option to at a network drive easily. Easy to use (my sister uses it as well) and keep my files well organised, so I can play my albums, EPs or mixtapes easily (One good thing that iTunes had)

Let me know you can think of anything.
Gee :cool:

I use GomPlayer. It plays any thing you throw at it. Videos or music. And it's FREE.
I installed the CCCP codec pack to give it some expanded codecs. Now it plays my GoPro files with no problems. Here's the links:

GomPlayer:
GOM Media Player. The only media player you need - for FREE
Use the custom install and uncheck the toolbar and chrome. Leave everything else at default.

CCCP codec pack:
CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack
Use the CCCP in the yellow button. This is an open source program. When you install it leave the whole thing at default.

I've been using this for several years and have had no problems with either one.

Same as PP - I use WMP for all of my audio. VLC for video. or a weird audio type that WMP won't play, so I don't have to install codec packs.

Used to use Songbird when it was still in development, but it's dead now last I saw.

Same as PP - I use WMP for all of my audio. VLC for video. or a weird audio type that WMP won't play, so I don't have to install codec packs.

Used to use Songbird when it was still in development, but it's dead now last I saw.

I just use VLC for most all of my playback media- Why use WMP instead of just using VLC?

Just wondering if it is a performance or preference.

Back
Top Bottom