New Chain of Pain (Dark Souls 2 SPOILER Edition)

I'm up to huntsman corpse. At least that's what I think it's called.

I'm in the brother hood of bell ringers. I don't think I'm a pvp build. Many times I get owned but I'm trying to farm titanite. Some weapons I haven't seen. Are there merchants I'm missing?

Any other places to buy titanite. I want to upgrade my heide sword.

Thanks.

I'm in the brother hood of bell ringers. I don't think I'm a pvp build. Many times I get owned but I'm trying to farm titanite. Some weapons I haven't seen. Are there merchants I'm missing?

Thanks.

There's a stone merchant in the area past huntsmen. She'll only sell shards til later in the game. There are also enemies in black gulch that regularly drop chunks.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Start with the Gulch one first. It's the easiest. Then the one by the lion dudes. Do the area under Drangleic Castle last. Go ranged if possible.

I finally gave up on Vendrick and his one hit crap and the dragon and its one hit crap and started NG+. Lots of red phantoms everywhere :)

I like to do the hardest ones first. I guess I'll bring my dragon rider bow up to level 5 and try it again. Don't have anything else to do really except max out all of the covenants and beat the ancient dragon.

I thought Vendrick was a joke. Literally all you have to do is stay behind him and block intermittently if you think you might get clipped. If you are behind him, he really can't hit you though. Just attack once or twice when he gives you an opening.

Thanks.

Good to see ya hanging in there I thought you might quit playing. Its pretty good game though Huh.

I like to do the hardest ones first. I guess I'll bring my dragon rider bow up to level 5 and try it again. Don't have anything else to do really except max out all of the covenants and beat the ancient dragon.

I thought Vendrick was a joke. Literally all you have to do is stay behind him and block intermittently if you think you might get clipped. If you are behind him, he really can't hit you though. Just attack once or twice when he gives you an opening.

Dude respec to a mage to go do those having poewerfull magic helps a ton like Soul Spear and Crystal Sous Spear also bring some fire for Darklurker.

I actually had an easy time with vendric and Darklurker

Dude respec to a mage to go do those having poewerfull magic helps a ton like Soul Spear and Crystal Sous Spear also bring some fire for Darklurker.

I actually had an easy time with vendric and Darklurker

I really don't want to respec. I like my quality build. I'll get through it I think. I just hate wasting effigies for something like that. I wouldn't care if it was just a really hard area.

I'm in the brother hood of bell ringers. I don't think I'm a pvp build. Many times I get owned but I'm trying to farm titanite. Some weapons I haven't seen. Are there merchants I'm missing? Any other places to buy titanite. I want to upgrade my heide sword.

Don't forget the that the stone soldiers in Drangleic Castle drop titanite slabs. It's not a bad place to farm them if you have ranged attacks because you can open the gate and snipe them to activate them and then kill them. I usually average one slab every other run.

Likewise, the dragon acolytes on the way to the dragon aerie drop petrified dragon bones so they're worth killing out, and a lot of the mobs (especially the priests, but IIRC, sometimes the maidens as well) in the shrine of amana drop twinkling titanite so they're worth killing out for the same reason.

Those areas are pretty far ahead of you, So I'll just suggest that if you find a mob that drops titanite, kill the area clean. It usually only takes a dozen runs or so to do it, and if you do that with every mob, you'll have all the titanite you need.

Yeah, I kept running into problems with staying behind him. My twitch reflexes haven't been terribly twitchy lately. And dude? Do them in order. Seriously. It helps you get used to the area. The first couple of times, I tried going in through Drangleic Castle and got my ass whupped by Havel. The third time, I did it in that order and stomped everything. Granted, I was a bit higher level, but still.

Also, Darklurker will clone itself partway through the fight. When I killed it, I kept my focus on the one I had been stomping and when it died, the fight was over. I didn't have to kill the clone. Dunno if that's a glitch or working as intended, but since yesterday was May The Fourth, I'll simply suggest that you "stay on target."

I really don't want to respec. I like my quality build. I'll get through it I think. I just hate wasting effigies for something like that. I wouldn't care if it was just a really hard area.

So write down your build and go back to it. You will have the hardest time in the whole game going in there Melee especially the boss part. The rest is doable but to cut down on effigies respec. Also I have more effigies than I i know what to do with. I always wear that ring that keeps you alive I think I have over 100 effigies. think If I beat NG++ im gonna do the no death run with that toon since I have so many of those rings

So write down your build and go back to it. You will have the hardest time in the whole game going in there Melee especially the boss part. The rest is doable but to cut down on effigies respec. Also I have more effigies than I i know what to do with. I always wear that ring that keeps you alive I think I have over 100 effigies. think If I beat NG++ im gonna do the no death run with that toon since I have so many of those rings

I have probably 30 effigies too, I just hate wasting them. I never said I was 100% melee. I did a quality build, so I can do a little of everything. I only use magic in a pinch though usually because it is so overpowered. This is probably the time to do it though.

I have probably 30 effigies too, I just hate wasting them. I never said I was 100% melee. I did a quality build, so I can do a little of everything. I only use magic in a pinch though usually because it is so overpowered. This is probably the time to do it though.

Dude, if you need effigies, put on some item discovery boosting stuff and go kill off the lizardmen in shrine of amana. I think I had 30 before I killed them out and I'm to 50+ now.

Dude, if you need effigies, put on some item discovery boosting stuff and go kill off the lizardmen in shrine of amana. I think I had 30 before I killed them out and I'm to 50+ now.

I know I could loot them and buy more. I guess it is just the principle lol. Has anyone ever used that spell that lets you blend into the environment? I wonder if you could sneak through areas with that and the Ratbros ring. It would be neat to try it in the Dark Pilgrim area.

Back
Top Bottom