Need some decent speakers for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place makes me LOL... real hard.

I kills me how many people HATE advice on sound. No... really... good equipment costs money... NO... REALLY!! Good SOUND costs money...

NO REALLY!! We ARENT against the 5500's for CRYING OUT LOUD!! haha

Ask for advice on good sound, we are gonna give it. People automatically assume if we recommend something over their teenage $200 spending limits, then its outrageous, we are un-intelligent and just here to start wars. No really... if that was the case, we would have been banned long ago. I was asked to write quite stickies and tutorials for this forum quite a few times by quite a few different mods, but I don't because it will just start a war.

Meh... whatev. If it sounds good to you, buy it. If not, don't buy it. Thats my advice from now on.

3 months ago, eh ?

Started when i was like 8...i have spent the past 18 months spending at least 4 hours a night looking at Hi-Fi equipment. I have little knowledge of headphones and monitors - which is what you're confusing the 3 months ago for.

Thats about 2160 hours looking at Hi-Fi stuff. You can think what you want, i know what a good hifi and a bad hifi system consists of, i have no knowledge of good monitors and there matching equipment, and growing knowledge of headphones.

We've not spoke at all about hi-fi setups. Only monitors, how am i supposed to show any reasonable form of knowledge if i spend no interest or time looking at monitors.

Just cut it out. You guys have being doing literature, maths, etc etc for 40 years. I could find thousands if not millions of children younger than me with a far superior knowledge of both of these. The worlds best pianist for example is ELEVEN - he can remember 216 classical songs from his head. The same can be applied to everything, except knowledge of life.

I am not an expert for **** sakes how many times do i have to say it, but im not some unknowledgeable 14 year old either.

You guys have massive technical knowledge supremecy over me, but that is not what im particularly fussed about. Who cares if this sub can go down to 10hz without any problems, if one that goes down to 50hz sounds way better ?

Just lets stop arguing. You have your thoughts i have mine, you cannot prove mine incorrect nor can i prove yours incorrect so we will be arguing for aslong as vibrations make sound.

This place makes me LOL... real hard.

I kills me how many people HATE advice on sound. No... really... good equipment costs money... NO... REALLY!! Good SOUND costs money...

NO REALLY!! We ARENT against the 5500's for CRYING OUT LOUD!! haha

Ask for advice on good sound, we are gonna give it. People automatically assume if we recommend something over their teenage $200 spending limits, then its outrageous, we are un-intelligent and just here to start wars. No really... if that was the case, we would have been banned long ago. I was asked to write quite stickies and tutorials for this forum quite a few times by quite a few different mods, but I don't because it will just start a war.

Meh... whatev. If it sounds good to you, buy it. If not, don't buy it. Thats my advice from now on.

THANKYOU !!

3 months ago, eh ?

Started when i was like 8...i have spent the past 18 months spending at least 4 hours a night looking at Hi-Fi equipment. I have little knowledge of headphones and monitors - which is what you're confusing the 3 months ago for.

Thats about 2160 hours looking at Hi-Fi stuff. You can think what you want, i know what a good hifi and a bad hifi system consists of, i have no knowledge of good monitors and there matching equipment, and growing knowledge of headphones.

We've not spoke at all about hi-fi setups. Only monitors, how am i supposed to show any reasonable form of knowledge if i spend no interest or time looking at monitors.

Just cut it out. You guys have being doing literature, maths, etc etc for 40 years. I could find thousands if not millions of children younger than me with a far superior knowledge of both of these. The worlds best pianist for example is ELEVEN - he can remember 216 classical songs from his head. The same can be applied to everything, except knowledge of life.

I am not an expert for **** sakes how many times do i have to say it, but im not some unknowledgeable 14 year old either.

You guys have massive technical knowledge supremecy over me, but that is not what im particularly fussed about. Who cares if this sub can go down to 10hz without any problems, if one that goes down to 50hz sounds way better ?

Just lets stop arguing. You have your thoughts i have mine, you cannot prove mine incorrect nor can i prove yours incorrect so we will be arguing for aslong as vibrations make sound.

math is data. so you can cram that into a kid's head. music is never data. you need time and sense to decipher that. you have neither right now. you aren't an audiophile just on the fact that you think z5500 is an amazing speaker

kman, I have over 30+ year of audio experience. I didn't hit audiophile status until I was thirty. at that point I was a professional speaker builder and car stereo installer for 10+ years at that point. I was pretty famous for it too and I still wasn't an audiophile yet. I had to pay my dues.

kman you were 8 when start listening to music and having your own speakers. that's not qualification for an audiophile. I was making speaker enclosures at 7(cardboard boxes but it was a start). my dad had a trucking business. on the side he would haul away stuff for people. in the 70's everybody was getting rid of their big all in one stereo console (with the tv built in) for separates. I would take the speakers (15's, horn, etc.) and crossover and make my own stuff. the bass would sound horrible in open air,so I would cut out a hole in a card board box and put them in an enclosure. as I got older I grew tired of that sound so I move up the chain. I was going to the library to learn how to design crossovers so I could get even better sound

you are nothing but a wannbee (groupie) and a wannabee will never reach audiophile status because he already thinks that he is an audiophile and his mentality is too screwed up to learn new stuff. there will never be a such thing as an audiophile that is a teenager.

I have a question for you, mr audiophile. can you design me a notch filter @3000 hz for an 8 ohm horn?

I hate the Z5500's... its a god awefull mess of painfull highs and boomy, undetailed over the top boom, not bass, just boom... i have not herd once tight controlled note. (and have yet herd, apart from on an expensive REL subwoofer):

relb3.jpg
although i havn't herd any of tehre more expensive subs.

I don't have the money at 14 to get a 5.1 monitor system, do i ..
I'm not an audiophile, as i stated numerous times.
And no, i can't, I don't wan't to learn either - nor do i have the facilities to.

I think your takeing this a little over the top eric, yes you are better, no i'm not an audiophile, yes i may be wrong sometimes, and yes i want to learn - just not about monitors, with which you and crysalis always talk about. Don't get me wrong, im sure there fantastic. But i prefer the whole setup of a Hi-Fi, it interests me more.
However, there are also occasions were i disagree - as there are occasions were Crysalis disagrees with you. But that's just perference, and i being human like both of you also have preference.

Quick question (just answer, please ?) if i was to replace the caps in my headphone amp to the Nichicon Muse caps do i simply take the old ones off and resolder the new ones on, also if i replaced the tubes to 6n1p russian tubes (electron vacuums, there called different in different places) do the old ones simply just need rolling out ..? and the new ones slotted back it ? and what potentiometer do you reccomend over the alps ?
Im just thinking about replaceing some components in my amp that i will be recieving shortly to get a better sound.

Thanks.

I hate the Z5500's... its a god awefull mess of painfull highs and boomy, undetailed over the top boom, not bass, just boom... i have not herd once tight controlled note. subwoofer)

sounds just like something eric would say :\

what speakers/hifi speakers do you have oriox?

Meh... the only reason that I could think I would ever disagree on something with Eric would be the engineering side of things. Eric is on the consumer side of things (Sadly). I am a musician as well so the musical aspect of it is in my brain as well. I may not have as much actual experience as I do "live" skills and technique. I started with a musical ear, developed that, then of course had to make music louder, so I started playing with amps, speakers, etc just like Eric. The only difference is that I went for the production and engineering side of it and became certified. I was offered full internship for one of the top recording company in the world because of my attention to detail.

I know what I know and I help people as much as I can. I learn more every single day about every single thing. I don't think its possible to know everything about sound. I admit that I am not the greatest when it comes to acoustics, but give me a microphone and some basic equipment, and I'll give you beauty. I don't profess to know everything, nor do I know everything. The thing about Eric and I is that we compliment each other's knowledge. He knows what I dont and I know what he doesn't, with some gray area in between.

Just here to help. Take it or leave it.

EDIT: BTW... I love this freakin smiley... :freak:

Not got mine yet, just ordered it, due to no money. Have herd, many, many setups though...

Marantz CD5001 OSE CD player
Rotel RA-04 Amplfieir
Monitor Audio BR2 Bookshelfs on Soundstyle Z2 stands
With Chord Anniversary cable interconnects and QED bi-wire speaker cable.

Also order my headphone setup,

Musical Fidelity X-Can V3 Tube amplfiier with Jan Philips tubes, changing the caps, tubes and potentiometer on arrival however.
Sennheiser HD 650 or Beyerdynamic DT 880 or Audio Technica AD-1000

I listen to my dads Rotel 1062 amp and cd player setup from Aegis Evo threes, and his other Cyrus and his Bowers and Wilkins 702's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom