need help deciding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
ok im looking fo ra good web host and i have stumbled upon lunarpages
they seem really nice for the price and about 90 percent of the things i have looked up about them are good reviews and what now
is this a good webhost to use? or is there better for the money

Just remember that hosts can't really offer 350GB of disk space and 3.5TB of bandwidth for $6.95/mo. So if you don't plan on using all of your space or bandwidth, and don't mind occasional load and uptime problems, you will probably be ok there. They are one of the better oversellers.

Also, remember in order to get that cheap price, you have to sign up for a 2 year pre-paid plan with them. That means if they suck, you are stuck. So a good idea (if a host doesn't offer a 30-day money back guarantee) is to sign up for their monthly plan initially (it will be a few bucks more expensive, but it's better than signing up for a sucky host and paying for 2 years worth of hosting that doesn't work).

After the first 25 days or so, if you like their service, and think you could stay for another 2 years, call/email their sales department and tell them you want to upgrade to a 24-month plan (this way you can get in on the savings without blindly entering a 2 year contract--- at least you can know what to expect and whether or not you want to stick with them).

Remember that the reason hosts offer these long plans is to get you stuck with them. If you are lucky, if you leave early, they will give you a pro-rated refund. But make sure you read the fine print to see if they allow this. Most hosts do not.

Good luck!

I like and use 1&1.

I have used a few other hosting companies and I have found 1&1 to be the best deal.

Cheers,
Williwaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom