My Clicking Game: This Problem and Others to Come

So I took some time to go through it and I pretty much understand everything except for two things:
1:First off, you can have a list INSIDE of a list??? *Mindblown*. Does having a list inside of a list make the dropdown piece? And then it's activated by the hover css function?
Correct; without the CSS, it would just be a sublist.

2: Secondly, what is the whole css section at the bottom that is commented "Style Menu for Larger Screens" and then the code starts off with @media?? Very confused by this whole portion of code.

Look into CSS3 Media Queries. It's so that you can apply certain CSS styles to only certain parameters (i.e. screen size).

Well I'd start by comparing your code to the one you're copying from.
Well, see, I don't think that it's the code I copied from. Before I even thought about asking you about a css nav bar, I had a bunch of divs set up for a nav bar, and those went vertically too, when I thought they should have gone horizontally.

I assume you're using MySQL and not MS SQL Server. Make your life easier and use a GUI to do it:
MySQL :: MySQL Workbench

Create the database, add / setup the fields in the table(s). Create a user account with limited permissions to the tables (basically only the stuff it will need to do, like read/insert/update the table(s)).

Then hook it up to your site by adding a PHP file with your DB connection info, and include it in your other PHP page(s) that will need DB access.
Working on the login system again, kind of got off track from this for a while. Can I use the built-in PHP MyAdmin instead of the MySql Workbench for this?

Yes you can use either PHPMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench. Either will work fine.

Just depends on your preference of working in either a webapp or working in a desktop app.

Back
Top Bottom