My Athlon64 4000+ running OSX *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillwaterIT

In Runtime
This is proof you can do it... using vmware at least. It's slow compared to a native install, but it works.

osxonamdoz5.jpg

You didn't buy that, thats the hack you can get through bittorrent. It is not ok to talk about it here. Not only do they not sell OS X for Intel yet, but if they did, you wouldn't be able to install it on anything but a Mac, this is because they have a piece of hardware the installer looks for to verify that it is indeed a Mac.

Don't kid yourself.

I'm not kidding myself, it's a patched version, running on vmware, in fact i pointed it out that it was running on vmware. I just thought I'd post a pic of it running so people can verify it and won't have to ask the question any more.

Yeah, we all know about that. Like I said, it does work. But it's illegal, unstable, slow and terribly incompatible with 95% of the universal binaries.

Even if you did buy a copy of OS X, it's against the lisense agreement to install it on anything but a Mac. That means it's illegal.

I can see that... I don't have a mac, but wanted to play with it to even see if it would be worth spending the money to replace my sony vaio laptop with a macbook pro. Unfortunately I couldn't really get an idea because both the preinstalled vmware osx and my own vmware osx install were so slow at loading ANY programs, graphics were lagged, etc etc. I borrowed a friends macbook and really liked it, but the vista beta was so good I'm waiting for a few more months to get a intel machine with vista instead.

Yeah Vista works on Macs, but it's kind of "iffy" right now. :)

And if I were you I'd definitely wait for the new line of Macs, as Core 2 Duo just came out and I read that they might be sticking them in Macbook Pro's as soon as September!

Seeing the Apple on a non-Mac...that's just not right...:D

(Don't bash me on this, I have not used a Mac since 1996)--but, what does Mac offer over Debian? Besides...a little more user-friendly...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom