Musical equipment that is Digital.

jaxjaxon

Solid State Member
In the past 23 years many musical equipment/Gear companies have started using digital processors in many of there products. Big name companies like Fender and Hammond are the first. The problem is getting them fixed when or if they break or the processor gets corrupted. It is not easy to find info on these products, like the processor type or schematic for the unit. So my question is do you think a computer tech could fit these products. It is not easy to find repair listing for them. and I have not found any forum that discuss this issue. so any help with finding resources would be a great help to me. Thanks all

Finding the components is the hard part, the other is finding somebody with the machinery to fix it. Point to point wiring devices is one thing but a digital circuit on a single PCB with soldered chips is another.

I knew a Guy when I lived in Dunsmuir C.A. He would use a desoldering gun to take components off the boards even change out socket sets so he could upgrade processors. He owned the only computer shop in the town.

Back
Top Bottom