Mouse "Lag" Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExL50

Beta member
Hey guys I JUST recently ran into some problems with my mouse lagging. Let me start off by giving my system specs and explaining the situation:

Custom Built / Modified "Dell" Desktop

- 4000 MB Ram
- ECS Motherboard
- 500 GB Hard Drive
- Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit)
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz

Ok so I am a big gamer, World of Warcraft in particular...As I was playing WoW a few days ago is when I first encountered mouse "lagging" problems. At that time I was and had been using a Logitech M310 Wireless Mouse which worked perfectly fine for a few months up until I started having this issue. Nothing on my PC changed, no new programs OR updates were installed to cause this problem. Since then I have purchased a brand new $80 Razer Imperator gaming mouse which is WIRED and hooks up into a USB slot. It was basically a plug and play type of deal however I did go on their website and download the most up to date driver and firmware for the mouse. I also updated the drivers for my video card, ran a few important Windows updates, and did a full system scan and repair with AVG Anti-Virus and PC Tune-Up. None of this took care of the problem. Device Manager also says that the mouse is working properly and is up to date.

To be specific about the problem, when I try to hover in slowly and precisely on a specific box or link etc. it doesn't go over it properly and kinda veers off course. While in-game sometimes it even slows down when I try to hover across the screen and it takes much longer than it should, almost as if there was a lag spike. It did it so bad one time that I could barely hover over the exit button to log out of the game. It's a huge problem when it comes to gaming and very annoying. Also, when I had the old Logitech M310 wireless mouse I tried plugging it into my girlfriend's laptop and it worked fine with no lag. Clearly there is something going wrong with my desktop and I have no idea what.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I just wasted $80 on a mouse when it wasn't even the problem.

Change mouse settings

Have a look at MS's site for a few minutes and that should help you out with mouses settings and configuration

Open Mouse by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.

Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:

To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, move the Select a pointer speed slider towards Slow or Fast.

To make the pointer work more accurately when you're moving the mouse slowly, select the Enhance pointer precision check box.

To speed the process of selecting a choice when a dialog box appears, select the Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box check box .

Please remove any past old mouse drivers from logitech and anything else to make sure your current mouse driver does not have a problem while operating and moving.
Never played WOW but check in it's game settings and look under advance ones to properly calibrate it and set it to your liking.

I appreciate the help but I have already been through all the settings with the mouse in the control panel. On top of that, this mouse has its own control center to change the settings on it. I don't see any drivers from Logitech, at least not under device manager...The logitech mouse and this new mouse have both been a plug and play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom