Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset can be downloaded from Microsoft as a 30 day evaluation version which is more than sufficient for our cause. It helps administrators identify and repair PCs that have become unusable by offering tools that analyze and solve the problem.
The file MSDaRT50Eval.msi has to be installed on a system which has the result that a iso is created. The iso has to be burned to CD afterwards. It is located by default in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset. Once the CD has been created you have to boot the non-working computer with the CD which loads a basic system with tools to analyze and repair problems.
Available tools are for instance a Crash Analyzer, Disk Wipe and File Recovery, System Restore and System File Repair and Hotfix Uninstall. Please note that this CD is working for 30 days after burning the ISO. It will stop functioning afterwards. I tend to keep the installation file on my PC and burn it when I need it. Since I have two computers it is not a problem at all.

Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset : Welcome To Tech-Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom