Medion laptops!

Build quality is so-so, a bit plasticky but it's not going to fall apart. Maintenance won't be too bad either as there's a large access panel at the bottom, easy to remove with only 3 screws.

What brand? Guessing Fujitsu/Lenovo as they seem to be the top choice from what I've seen... you might have to leave it a few weeks before you mess about with the hardware haha

Can't expect more for 340 pounds :)
Nice to have an easy to remove back cover. Mine doesn't.
It has these plastic hocks all around the back plate including 8 screws. The plate is about the size of the hole bottom.
So you have easy access to everything when it's off, only problem is those damn hocks. I hate em'. So easy to snap.

It's a DELL.... unfortunately. But it's a good looking one.
It's a Latitude 5550. 15.6 inch. SSD. Core i5. Full HD display.

Last edited:
They aren't bad. no.
But it happens more often than not, that i question their design choices.
Like the plastic hocks on my new laptop as just 1 example.
Also, At any given price point, i can find a Lenovo i'll rather have.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Another design chose that i dislike about my new laptop is that all the ports are on the back..... is this 2005??
On the right side, i have 1 usb and a SD card reader.
On the other side i have a mini jack.... that's it.
HDMI, VGA (why are they still using that.... come one) charger port, ethernet port and 2 USB ports are on the back... So i have to turn the laptop 90 degrees to see where the ports are when i wan to use them.

I can understand the ethernet and changer, but the rest should be on the side.

Glad you like your computer. Im getting a new gaming pc, for graphics, CSGO and minecraft :p. Anyway, it just needs a graphics card :p :p :p

I've got a couple of experiences,

my (circa 2001) PDA (runing windows mobile) worked flawlessly for year, it was really really well made, (bought to use it as GPS)

My brother once had a desktop that was medion branded (bought from Aldi) good performance, good price and lasted well.

I've not got a huge amount of experience with the brand, but based on my limited experience I would not hesitate to buy that brand.

Back
Top Bottom