M-Audio MIDI controller problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I installed it and had to get rid of it, it made my sound distorted for some reason, wtf?

Keyboard still didnt work....

This may be a little drastic....

But if my midi controllers weren't working for that long I would reformat the whole thing. Put a fresh, clean Windows install and put everything back on.... except the pinnacle crap obviously. That's just me though.

There might still be a workaround without doing this though.... but I don't honestly know what it is. :(

I'm assuming that both were connected via USB? This may be stupid, but have you tried plugging the keyboard into all the different USB ports? If so, I'm assuming this problem happens regardless of which USB port you plug the O2 into? My controllers are kind of picky about which USB port you plug them into... but nothing like what you are talking about...

I bought that piece of crap PCTV thing (the one that looks like a flash memory stick) about a month ago... and had it about four days before I returned it. It sucked... but it didn't mess up my drivers for my midi controllers (I have a M-audio keystation 49e and a Korg padKontrol).

Ahh, this is really getting to me, it worked on every single computer where I work and not this 1 at home , I really cant afford the risk of reformatting, Ive got so much important stuff on my computer etc.

There has to be a way to get rid of everything related to the PCTV on my computer so these to devices dont conflict, and yes they are both USB and Ive tried every port on my computer. I HATE Pinnacle, its so cheeky of them to leave stuff behind on the computer so other USB devices from the SAME company dont function.

Should I switch to the dark side? I have the option to get a MacBook at the end of this month, I could use that just for making music and my graphic design and use this PC for personal stuff...

Anyways, more help or suggestions would be nice.

p.s Is Windows Vista good for making music?

pinnacle make crappy software that doesn't really uninstall everything. they force you to confirm to their way of doing things instead of letting windows configure your software and hardware. come to think of it m-audio is kinda like that too. back your data up and reformat.

download double driver to back your drivers up
then install windows this way, so you will never have to worry about losing your data

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126882&highlight=how+to+keep+xp+fast+and+stable

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56137&highlight=how+to+keep+xp+fast+and+stable

Too much hassle for a lil keyboard, there has to be another way....
Should I sue Pinnacle? lol
Help meee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom