Looking to learn more about PC stuff in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke127

The Ghost
hey guys due to me being banned from win7 forums (because I put a heap of subscription emails in my junk folder don't ask!) I need to find another source of info and this forum is better anyway. So can anyone provide me with some links or pics or just text that can teach me about the following:

Password on boot (NOT BIOS PASSWORD) there is a run command that allows you to make a boot password from inside win7 home premium I know because I have used the code once although I couldn't remember it and am now really really really trying to find it lol! If anyone could help me here that would be great.

Ways of using the Group Policy Editor to make other users less privileged than yourself. Also if anyone can get me a site that has a replica of the GPE tree's that would be good. So Computer and User then all the stuff in them and then the stuff inside them etc. I got a good link but it doesn't explain how to navigate in a real PC it only shows you the functions of each policy if you expand each topic.

These 2 topics are my focus because when I get my windows 7 Professional laptop in July I want it to be totally customized. So the GPE stuff is for my laptop when it comes in July not for my current one. My little sister might attempt to use it when I go to Dads so I need a restricted account for her. And a full access one for me so I can change the login screen etc

PS I already know about changing the login screen so don't worry about anything else but the bold paragraphs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom