looking for a program

Status
Not open for further replies.
no the game does not have a map maker. i'm just looking for a program that will allow me to map out the X,Y,Z points to make a 3D map of the dungeon like the ones in the like i posted

Maybe i didnt explain myself enough.

If we suggest you a program, and you get it, use it and create a map, we can not guarantee that it will work with the game. So you would have spent how much time making a map then to come back here and go "I spent all this time on it and it didnt work!!"

What i am trying to say is ask them. Ask the people who make the maps what they use. That way you can get what they use instead of guess and waste hours of work for nothing. They have a forum there i am sure it isnt hard to just ask someone there what they use. Why play a guessing game and waste time with a program that you dont even know if it would work?

Get it direct from people who do it already instead of asking people who are not doing it and cant give you a definite answer.

i am not trying to make a new map for this game i am just trying to make a 3d floor plan of all the dungeons this way it might be easier for ppl to find their ways around in there, and i had asked someone who had made the maps for the opposing faction they told me they used a program called Sandy3D, i have tryd looking for and downloading this program but have not had any success with getting it to work yet

yeah that's it but i had tryed to download it and have not been able to get it to work

is if anyone knows of any other programs like that please let me know

Hi again nathan, BlondeWolf (Female toon, Male User >.<) from The Fellowship here. First, If its only the Darkie maps u r looking for I already did them. But because of webs.com having problems at that time I couldnt update there and now i'm in the army and can't do anything. But you can check my own page at [Google kurtbilisim, look for the ".com" site] darkie maps are included. EC, Stigma, ?darkie stigma? and above maps are absent but ill try at least those 3 when i get back. Above like CT I may not be able to map out :p

Anyway if u still want to create your own I'll try to make myself clear. Sandy3D is NOT a mapper. There isn't such a thing!!! Don't expect to find a program which will produce u 3d maps easily. Here's how I did them:
1-) You need patience. Because all those x,y,z coords i got them by walking corner by corner, plotting them on an image editor. When I connected them with lines I got the image of the dungeon. U'll need an Image Processor which shows u your cursors location. So If the corner u r on is at X:13 Z:145 in the game, you will go to paint and plot a dot at X:13 Y:145. And later you will connect them. I used TakeONe (Nice Old GIF editor) for that.
2-) Then u use that picture as a background in your 3D modeller. With that picture at the back, u plot vertices on the corners and create faces by joining them. Heights are imaginary, I just lowered/highered platforms, Y vaues r not exact. I used MilkShape3D for that.

This IS time consuming but should be easy to do. There isn't much PC knowledge needed. Now comes the challenging part.

3-) Now u have a 3D map model u can export in any file format u like. But how u gonna present them thats up to u. I wanted to put them on my site therefore u need to know Java or Flash. I picked Flash. But Flash doesnt have a built in 3D viewer (dunno if Java has :p ) so I needed to code my own. Still I cant create a complete API like DirectX so I needed one.
4-) Finally Sandy3D is the opensource 3D API I picked to use in my Flash Application. How to implement it into Flash and tutorials are all on their site.

From here I can't teach u Flash, nor Sandy3D. If u r an experienced programmer, read some and u'll figure it out soon. If not, don't try it because its a waste of time if its only creating maps u want.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom