Liver Transplant Needed! (Please Help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has reminded me about something on OCAU. SOme guy was complaining about chain email how stupid they are. Even the ones that just say some sob story. He posted the chain email and kept going on and complaining. It turns out what the chain email describes was true. I saw it on the news a few months ago. Some kid had been abducted and never found. The guy felt like a real asshole (am i alowed to say that) after he found out.

Look, these kinds of things really don't belong in here.

None of us can give this person a liver, because we're all using ours (and some of us you wouldn't want the liver of even if we were able to give it). So pleading for help...won't help.

Second, bad things happen. There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it, nor does it only happen to those who deserve it. Life-long humanitarian and morally-sound individual Fred Rogers...died of stomach cancer...a nice horrible way to die. We can hope and pray, but it doesn't change anything.

Lastly, though most of us (...eh, even me...) aren't so heartless as to desire a blind eye be turned, we do however don't feel the need to have the depressions of the world's realities dumped in our laps. The world is a depressive, dangerous, leacherous place, and we don't need a splattering of roundtable guilt to add to the cake either. We also don't need to be reminded of our own mortality and the things which may happen to us in time.

It's like when yer watching a good movie or show on TV, and then during the commercials one of those World-Childrens-Fund campaign messages comes on, showing all the diseased kids in poverty and dying...so that now you can feel like crap...? We all know they're there, and if we felt like flagrantly flinging money into a bottomless pit, we would have.

So back to the point, since we can't give her our livers, and we already know these things happen, and we have a desire to not be bummed out, a different tactic should have been used.

Instead of saying "oh she's dying and needs a liver now and woh is us, woh is us"...it would have been more productive and better recieved if the post had only briefly mentioned this case (if at all) and instead came to us to promote public funding support for cancer research and the scientists/doctors working on liver diseases. For instance:

"I just thought I'd provide some links to various cancer-treatment/liver-study institutions where you folks could maybe make some donations. These places make great contributions to society. Please help them out if you can.

Link
Link
Link

Thanks."

End of story. No need to encite ridicule, bring us down, or slaughter a massive amount of electrons to achieve nothing but five pages of liver jokes.

frankie12 said:
UPDATE: Shari had a surgery to replace her liver and she is doing good! Thanks for all of the support!!!

well we didnt do nothing we where just ass :(. But thats Really Good that someone gave it to her. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom