link up PC to my TV in different room

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i want to watch movies on my tv from computer but donno how...

i have alot of movies backed up on my pc that i would like to watch on TV in my living room

what is the best way to do that(wirelessly preferred)
just to be clear( im talking about movies that i backed up from dvds not the downloaded ones)

so the quality of signal is kinda important

another option i have is to buy a DVD player that has a USB input that reads divx
since LG is halfassed and made USB ports only for music and pictures, while RCA makes USB for divx and everything else.(but its RCA...)

so in short im mostly lookign for some keywords since i dont even know what to call such a device...

Newegg.com - Wireless, Ethernet 100baseT/Wireless G, TV Tuners & Video Devices, Video Cards & Video Devices, Computer Hardware

Newegg.com - Networking,More Networking,Network Media Players,

There are some solutions for you.
Personally, I have two PS3's at my house. They are both wired to my network panel (I wired my whole house myself), and they connect to my D-Link DNS-323 NAS (Network Attached Storage) device in my rack. The D-Link runs a U-pnp server that servs up hundreds of movies and TV shows to the PS3's. It's like my own little on-demand system.

I don't feel like thinking too hard, but I've heard of someone making a wireless external video card -

I think he used a wireless USB 2-way device and an external USB video card. This way you can have a video card virtually connected to a machine and thus export anything you want as if it was just a second monitor.

hmm i never thought about it but then you would have to control it somehow.
maybe someone could hack an LG lcd tv and add divx support lol dreaming...

im going to have a wireless router in few weeks is there a way i can maybe use it with addition of another device?

i dont really want to build an HTPC cuz i already have one PC with all my stuff in it.

i guess i should just buy a dvd player with media card support for now.

Well if you've got a wireless router... I'm wondering if you could figure out a way to use RDP or VNC (remote desktop software) to just connect to your computer that has all the media on it. Of course you'd need a laptop or another computer beside the TV - the TV would effectively become a secondary monitor.

Sounds like what you want to be looking for is called a network media player

Iv tried to use a 360 but it only supports 20% of the video formats I use. One option would be to get an Apple TV, then put 3rd party firmware on it so that it will support almost all the common video formats, Ill probably be doing this shortly myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom