Like THIS was a suprise!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does this have to do with ol bill? hes M$ not intel.....:S. anywayz, im really confused by those 2 articles. the first one is that ATI and AMD are joning, then intel pulls its license with ATi is that right? well i guess that makes ssense then. i dun think they will be doing anything COOL

Merger seems much more likely now, and I change my mind, I recall ATI releasing comments inferring that they had intentions of somehow increasing transistor count on a CPU similar to a GPU, but rather than use those excess transistors for something irrelevently small like larger cache, they wanna increase scalibility of cores

Whatever, Intel can throw a tantrum for all I care, nforce chipsets aren't even very common among Intel platforms so that just leaves you guys with via and pos Intel chipsets

And this confirms my suspicions (link), AMD is clearly not sitting still and letting C2D become the forever known god of processors, a core as complex as a GPU acting as a CPU won't even put C2D on the radar

edit - I found it

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODIyLDc=

and that article is dragging on almost a year so I have every right to believe this has been under discussion for a while

excellent, let C2D take over the market and drop AMD share value, I believe now is the time to consider buying

so that just leaves you guys with via and pos Intel chipsets
Intel chipsets are often considered the best as far as Intel platforms go. So in that regard, give me a 975x board and I'll be fine.

So far though, I must say I am surprised that at this early stage there are these reports of ATI pulling their Intel chipsets. IMO, I do not understand how in business, you can ignore 80+% of the market :confused:

The thought of them somehow leveraging GPU technology into CPU tech is extremely interesting though. As was said:

a core as complex as a GPU acting as a CPU won't even put C2D on the radar

That would be some power :D

gaara said:
Merger seems much more likely now, and I change my mind, I recall ATI releasing comments inferring that they had intentions of somehow increasing transistor count on a CPU similar to a GPU, but rather than use those excess transistors for something irrelevently small like larger cache, they wanna increase scalibility of cores

Whatever, Intel can throw a tantrum for all I care, nforce chipsets aren't even very common among Intel platforms so that just leaves you guys with via and pos Intel chipsets

The merger already happened at 8AM today (EST I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom