LED Trafic Lights.... Great till it snows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh even then what I said hold true. Because those cost more too (roughly around the same price) so you're still spending $10 more per bundle..and you leave those on only when it's dark out and most likely turn off before you go to sleep... Anyway you look at it you're going to be spending like $50+ more on LED lights than regular lights..and I doubt your bill is going to go up $50 over a month's time when you rarely use something. ( I think my electric bill at home averages around like $60...so that's almost doubling the bill)

well here in canada, most people leave there lights on from the evening till the morning when they wake up, so that is a savings here, but meh.

LED = suck for decoration lights
how so? they are brighter...and again with the ease of bulb burning out, dont have to climb up there to replace one, well find it first lol...then replace it.

^^^ if you guys want to close a thread everytime someone has a discussion you might as well disband the forum.

Was either of us arguing? No...we was stating facts about the negatives and positives of LED's. And I even mentioned the traffic light thing a time or two.

Mythbusters did a study on all light types, and the LEDs were the most efficient AND far out lasted the other types. They turned off the experiment before they popped any.

Up in CANADA, and closer to Santa we're more dedicated to christmas and our indoor and outdoor lights will be on alot.. Both for 6+hrs easily... or in the summer when the food guys looking for your house.

^^^ if you guys want to close a thread everytime someone has a discussion you might as well disband the forum.

Was either of us arguing? No...we was stating facts about the negatives and positives of LED's. And I even mentioned the traffic light thing a time or two.

i agree, we were just having a discussion, and it was about led light tech, which this thread is bassicaly about. Was it pretty dumb to not thorouly test the traffic lights in a lot of conditions, yes lol, but it will save ALOT of money in elec even in a single day. From now on when they put the led lights in they should just put snow sheilds on at the same time, that way there are no more problems. I am kinda glad that the u.s. is having this problem too though lol, because when i first started reading the thread, it was only canada, so im thinking, comon now, another dumb thing we have done, but its not just us lol.

i would of personally never thought of the issue so I could almost kinda see how it got through un noticed...but on the other hand I'm sure some engineer gets paid $80,000 to tell them this kinda stuff so they should of known better lol

And more importantly, LED torches are sweet. Bright white light that doesn't get hot.
Back on topic.

Cant they just spray a hydrophobic coating on the glass ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom