Kimbo Slice knocked out in 14 seconds?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Final curtain for the Kimbo show - MMA - Yahoo! Sports

Seems that the YouTube star wasnt really cut out for the Octogan. 12 punches and 14 seconds into the match Seth Petruzelli knowcked him out.

Ken Shamrock couldnt fight cause he cut his eye in a sparring match. His brother Frank ws denied the fight cause he has a show coming up on CBS. So the 3rd choice for the fight by EliteXC was this guy. Who gave up two inches in height, four in reach and 30 pounds in muscle and might.

I remember Ken Shamrock from WWE. After his stint with the Octogan. So it seems the cash cow that was Kimbo Slice got a major derailment. Best statement in that whole article was this:

Through it all Slice remained the only likable character of this foolish farce. He wasn't the one claiming he was the best in the world. He was just a working-class dude who figured out how to beat the system and cash in on his 15 minutes of fleeting fame.

Sorry but i kinda saw this coming.

Yeah watched the fight at my place with my buddies last night on CBS. We were all laughing our butts off! Should have seen Petruzelli's face at the end.

Sorry but anyone with any knowledge of fighting could see this coming. Most of Kimbo's opponents to date have been nobody. I am sure that many of us Geek's here at TF could have won some of those fights.

What a shot at EliteXC. That and Gina Carano didnt make weight. What more could go right for them?

On a side note i would let Gina KMTFO. :D

Kimbo got beat by a TUF2 Reject who should probably be fighting at middleweight (185lb)

Even after training with Bas Rutten (a legend to the sport) Kimbo has not learned a thing about mma, you cannot have bricks for hands and thats all and beat everyone.

I'm sure he knows that, too. It was just a gamble, a cash in. What's really a shame is that despite all the great MMA athletes out there, this was the best CBS had to offer.

^He didnt just fall he was rocked by a right and he was punched repeatedly, look at his legs, he was close to being out cold. Go back at watch fights like jackson/liddell 2 or Silva/Jardine fight and you will see the same.

Kimbo's goal was to make money. He fixed some fights, recorded them, and made money. Even if he lost, his still a normal guy, who was able to make some big money, and very quickly. If anything, he saw an opportunity and took it.

So your saying it is okay to be dishonest and rip off your fans for $58 million and it is okay? Cause you just wanted the cash?

Kimbo is just like some professional athletes now. He became a icon to many. He came from nothing and was at the top. People were looking up to him just like they do other athletes like Kobe and King James.

But instead they put in the work to get there. He just faked it all and got paid for it. So in the end that makes it right. Just cause he knew he was in it for the money?

Sorry but that is what makes it more wrong. Professional athletes are punish for such actions. Why not take away some of his money as a punishment. Maybe then he will take into account the fact that he isnt jsut a cash cow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom