IT consulting Website

Daeva

In Runtime
Here is a new site I did for my company. We're still working on generating content, but I would really appreciate feedback on the layout and the coding, cross-browser compatibility, usability, and load-time (which is sort of slow right now).
It's not in public DNS yet, so you'll have to set a header in your host file to point to the IP.
site.tritg.com
map to:

If you don't know how to do this,
open up dos prompt(Windows: Start-menu, run->cmd)
go to this path: C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
then type edit hosts and press enter
in here, you'll see a mapping for localhost to 127.0.0.1
put the site.tritg.com under localhost
and put 24.123.42.222 under the 127.0.0.1

then go to site.tritg.com in your web-browser.

It's a css design that I have never seen before. Especially the content pages. The text scrolls behind the images and it appears to be "framed" but the background-images and navigation don't move. Let me know what you think about it.

Full content management system back-end, all of the content on the site is stored in text files which are linked by a SQL Server 2005 database and parsed by asp.net 2. It should work on IE, FF, Opera, Safari, Flock, Chrome, and Netscape. It adjusts for 1024 vs 1280 resolutions with two different home-page layouts.

It would be helpful if you could point out colors that are hard to read, or things that just don't appear correctly. The only page really with content is the services page.

Thanks!

On every page but the home page, the bottom third of the screen is white.

Untitled-2.jpg

Only the home page looks normal. I think the site looks pretty nice though, it definitely has a professional appeal to it.

EDIT: It actually only seems that when the page first loads and is refreshed it then has the white part on the bottom third, but when the page is cached and you leave the link and go back to it, then it loads normally. It is kind of weird.

**EDIT: It works fine in IE, just seems to be Chrome that it does that in.

hmm, I think you're looking at the old page. You'll have to set that header, otherwise our IIS picks up anything on .222 and forwards it to our default website.

the new page at site.tritg.com should look similar to this:
screenshot.jpg

Thank you for your input!

Oops, sorry.

Why is the home page centered and then all the other pages are right justified?

Definitely need to work on load times as you mentioned.

In Chrome it loaded fine the first time but then started to drop the Welcome message to the bottom of the screen on the Home page as seen below.
Untitled-3.jpg

The contacts link at the top of the home page is broken.

Looks good in IE, but am trying to re-create the text dropping as it did in Chrome.

EDIT: Small thing, Under Products you have a sub-menu labeled Networking, but when you click on it the page is labeled Network. You probably want to have continuity with your titles.

Here are some broken links, not sure if you just haven't built the pages for them or were unaware but thought I would let you know.
Services>Success Stories = Broken Link
Solutions>Hosted = Broken Link
Products>Suggest a Product = Broken

hmm, there is a redirect script that runs server side that determines screen resolution and delivers the appropriate home page, try setting the querystring to the end of the url:
?width=1280&height=1024

and see what that does to the text. Thats definately a bug that needs fixed. Also, I did a lot of clipping on the services page to make the text run behind the bg, does this not work for you also?

Due to the fixed nature of the other pages, the centering (using only css) proved to be quite difficult and time consuming. It was a nightmare if someone didn't view the page maximixed. Any resizing horizontally resulted in the text moving behind the background. I'm also not sure about the layout of the page accross browsers when you increase the text size (can you do this in chrome?). Any suggestions to help center the page (and allow text to still be selected while scrolling only the text) you could provide would make you my hero! I worked on that for close to a week to get it to display properly in all browsers (except for IE6, that alternate stylesheet is still in the works). Thanks.

**I added more notes to my last post not sure if you saw them.

Yup adding the querystring fixed it.

As for the text running behind the bg, I am not sure exactly what you mean. But here is a screenshot of what the Services page looks like on my system.

Untitled-4.jpg

Wish I could help you out with the centering issue, but I don't know much about css, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom