Is something wrong with Gmail??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
Every time I try to log into my Gmail account, my computer acts very odd, and it loads forever. I can't even close the browser window sometimes. (Acting like some kind of virus...)

My mom and brother seem to have the same problem. It dosnt seem to go awayby a simple restart, they have to turn the comps off for about 5 minutes before it goes completely away. (Again, this only happens when trying to log into our accounts. :confused:

Anybody having the same trouble? :confused: :( :cool:

it is slower than usual, but not dreadfully slow.

Maybe Gmail has a bad server? or too many people are using it right now.

what kind of computer do you have?

on my older one it doest the same thing... maybe out of date, maybe the wrong browser....

google will give everyone 1 USD (via adsense) if you convert an ie user to firefox... maybe they are making it hard to use certain browsers

EDIT: or grab something like outlook or thunderbird and download your mail via POP3 once you CAN log in to enable it :)

checked it right now no problem.. fast..

oh and i have 99 invites "left".. as if i've invited anybody yet.. lol

edit: i checked it using IE

"I'm ashamed\/\/\/..."

tommyboy123x said:
what kind of computer do you have?

Emachines D3123
AMD sempron 1300+ 1.8ghz 256kb L2 1600mhz system bus
512mb DDR SDRAM
100gb HD
Nvidia GeForce 6100 128mb
Windows XP home (sp2)...

I'm going online through a LINKSYS wireless G USB thing, I have another comp connected to the Comcast 54mbps router.

It's using a socket 939, So I'm shurely gonna upgrade to a better AMD64 with a bigger L2 cache. [/:cool:]

Maybe it is just the network. Idunno. :( :( :cool:

talldude123 said:
it is slower than usual, but not dreadfully slow.

Maybe Gmail has a bad server? or too many people are using it right now.

Trust me when I tell you this, Google doesn't have a bad array when it comes to their BETA applications. They only stick their crazy servers on the ALPHA apps that you don't know about yet (there are too many to list). This company has LOTS of money......and when I say "lots" I mean lots. But, as a practice, they do take them down a few at a time and then take another array as another turn. Oh yea, they have names for their servers too...the servers hosting Gmail are the "Redheaded Step Childs"

After all......gmail is in Beta still and they have EVERY right to take it FULLY down without any notice.......

Re: "I'm ashamed\/\/\/..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
Emachines D3123
AMD sempron 1300+ 1.8ghz 256kb L2 1600mhz system bus
512mb DDR SDRAM
100gb HD
Nvidia GeForce 6100 128mb
Windows XP home (sp2)...

I'm going online through a LINKSYS wireless G USB thing, I have another comp connected to the Comcast 54mbps router.

It's using a socket 939, So I'm shurely gonna upgrade to a better AMD64 with a bigger L2 cache. [/:cool:]

Maybe it is just the network. Idunno. :( :( :cool:
you have a socket 939 Sempron? I didn't know they were even out....

"ConMoe and Shempron..."

The mobo says 939 on the side of the CPU socket, but the cpu i have now isn't using NEARLY enough pins for the whole thing.

I'm probably wrong as heck, but it did say S-939 on the side. :confused: :confused: :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom