ipod touch virus???

iPod Touches can not get viruses.

Yes, it opens it up...but even jailbroken it is still hard to get a virus.

You just contradicted yourself within your own replies.

Yes ANY device in the world can get a virus. End of story. Doesnt matter who or what they are. If you choose to believe it or not is another story. They say Android is the most vulnerable yet after 5 years of use I have yet to get a single infection. If you know what your doing than even the most insecure of items can be secure. It has been at least 12 years since I had an infection within Windows.

Hypothetically, if the device is paranoia level secure, it'd be pretty close to improbable of getting infected with a virus to a point that it would require the user to have to quite literally install the virus on the device.

XWrench3 said:
we bought my 11 year old son a ipod touch for Christmas. yesterday, i received an e-mail from him that had a virus in it. my anti virus caught it when i hit the link thankfully.
Ok, FYI, to anybody who's remotely interested. This looks, to me, like nothing to do with an iPod Touch virus, but actually just classic email spoofing. I know this a dead topic, but just because you receive an email from somebody on your contacts list that's spam doesn't mean they got their account hacked or they have a virus.

Here's a good article on how to tell the difference between if something got their hacked and if they're just spoofed email messages. Spam from your friends: spoofed and hacked e-mail

Hypothetically, if the device is paranoia level secure, it'd be pretty close to improbable of getting infected with a virus to a point that it would require the user to have to quite literally install the virus on the device.

It doesn't have to be that way. Every device out there, including PC's, requires the user to do something that allows the infection to get on there. The days of drive by downloads and that are gone unless your running Windows 95.

But that is the way it is already on any iOS and Android device right now. The User has to install the infection. Be it by flashing a custom ROM that is infected or by installing some application. There is no Android App out there that can just install itself now without it prompting the user for authority. I am pretty sure iOS is the same way.

So what it comes down to is the users being lazy and not reading the permissions and understanding what they are allowing the apps to do.

If you want hypothetical and consider paranoia level, the device would only have the stock apps from the store on it and never be linked to any email accounts or anything. It would basically be an expensive call/text message device as it wouldn't be used for a smart phone purpose. Of course that wouldn't get an infection cause the person wouldn't install anything on it.

Back
Top Bottom