IP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure to disable your windows firewall or sometime your anti-virus software will interfere also so you may have to configured it to permit the application or disable the AV. You don't have to disable your firewall if you permit the application or port to be used. But to just test it out I suggest disabling any or all firewall and AV or any security program running just for the moment. And follow the instruction that the guys above told you with the IP and port forwarding.

ok when i forward those ports up there that u told me to foward. it says like start to end???

i guess those are the starts and whats the end????

can someone please IM me er suttin on AIM/

my screenname is maxidog2002.

please i need to no how to foward those ports and no my ip adress so my friends can play on my server?

Q: How to port forward with Qwest MSN Arescom DSL modem/router (#11981)

A: When you sign up for Qwest/MSN DSL then you may receive an Arescom DSL modem/router. Unfortunately this Arescom DSL modem/router is supplied by MSN with NAT turned on and no way to turn it off, no way to set up port forwarding, DMZ, etc. It's a black box with no user configuration possible.

The problem with this is that you can't set up any kind of server. Peer to peer software such as Bit Tornado will always say that you are firewalled.

This can be especially confusing if you use a NAT router between the Arescom and your PCs, for example if you set up a LAN in your house. I fought the LAN router for hours, trying to figure out what was wrong, when the problem was not with the LAN router at all, but was with the modem/router.

So, how to configure the Arescom DSL modem/router when it can't be done? Answer: Hack into the thing and set it up the way that you want to. Details on the hack are here: »http://www.dslreports.com/faq/9446

Warning: this may void your warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom